1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which cargo carrier

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by llprius, May 7, 2010.

1. llprius

llprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I recently installed the Curt 11469 class 1 hitch onto my 2010 Prius and looking at either the Draw-Tite 6500 or Surco 1200 or Surco 1201 cargo carrier. These are the only 2 that are class 1 rated. Does anyone have experience these. I will also purchase the Rola 59102 cargo bag.

2. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is there a modification for the suspension so the additional weight hanging off the back end of the Prius doesn't tend to lift the front steering wheels off the pavement ? I have been able to load a formidable amount in the cargo area of my Prius without needing any exterior additions. I also own a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a heavy hitch in case I need to haul something substantial, or take it someplace that a Prius wouldn't want to go.

3. racer

racer New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Seems the Surco has a higher wall and based on the features can go up to 500 lbs while the Draw tite is 300 lbs. If that is accurate the price difference is small so I would go with more weight capacity if the Prius is up for it.

4. nickfromny

nickfromny Member since 2007

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thule Roof Racks