1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which forum to use for discussion of Highlander?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by LewLasher, Jan 20, 2004.

1. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I am considering buying either a Prius or the upcoming hybrid Highlander that has been announced for next year. Is it appropriate to discuss the Highlander in the Prius Main Forum, or would that be considered off-topic there?

Thanks for any etiquette guidelines.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you're going to be asking for comparison between the Prius and the Highlander, go ahead and post it in the Prius Main Forum - if you just want to discuss the upcoming Highlander, go ahead and post it in Off-Topic.

Good question!

Danny

3. tag

tag Senior Member

That is a good question because the exact same thought has crossed my mind as well.

I really like the Highlander (particularly the new hybrid version) and haven't been able to find any kind of internet-type enthusiasts' forum or board or whatever. Maybe that will change if the 05 HH is well received.

In the meantime, I would be willing to discuss anything related to the HH in Off Topic.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Do you guys think there's a need for something like a "Other Hybrids" or "Other Cars" type of forum?

Obviously a lot of us are car people, so there is going to be discussion about different cars on Priuschat.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Emphatically, yes....otherwise I'm gonna have to start refering everyone to the greenhybrid.com site!!!

6. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thinking over what I wanted to discuss, I think it's more about the Highlander itself than about comparing it against the Prius. The Prius itself would come up (a) as context, since, obviously, as a production car, it is the benchmark against which to discuss other hybrid models, and (b) as a fallback in case I decided against the Highlander. So I don't think my discussion belongs in the main Prius forum. I'd be happy to use the off-topic forum for now.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, I added a new forum for "Other Cars" and moved the Lexus/Highlander hybrid discussion there. Let me know if you have any suggestions for a different name or position for the forum.

Danny

8. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I think that was an excellent move. Discussions about other cars are not really about the Prius, but are not really off topic, either. And there's bound to be more discussion about other hybrids, such as the Ford Escape if it ever, er, escapes from its production delays, the Honda Accord with its less-than-full hybrid drive train but selective cylinder activation, the Mercedes hybrid diesel, the Acura [whatever that will be], and so on (couple of years from now: Nissan Altima, Toyota big truck? ...).