which mats to get?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by liquidm1980, Aug 26, 2012.

1. liquidm1980

liquidm1980 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    there seem to be three types of rubber mats out there. the oem ($90), husky weather beaters($126),and the weathertech ($170). are the other two that much better then oem? if so is the weathertech that much better then weather beaters?

thanks

liquid

2. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had Weathertech Extreme mats in my Gen II. They were exactly what I wanted for slushy winters, and much better than OEM mats. Can't speak to the others.

3. egeorge1

egeorge1 Eric

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have the Prius all-weather mats for the passenger area and the Weathertech custom fit for the cargo area. I like the Prius ones just fine and unless you have to deal with snow you don't likely need the more expensive deep ones. The Weathertech cargo mat is a perfect fit including notches at the tie downs and I highly recommend it.

4. liquidm1980

liquidm1980 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    cool since i am in s fl i think ill go oem.

thanks

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We've gone round and round on this debate quite a bit and at least on the GenIII the following consensus has been reached.

Best mats for:

Looks: WeatherTech
    Snow and water protection: Husky
    Mud, Dirt: Husky or WeatherTech
    Price: OEM

For the cargo area the WeatherTech mat is nice but it doesn't have the folding crease that aids in opening the rear under-cargo space. So I like the OEM all-weather mat for the rear.

I have had WeatherTechs in my GenII for years and never had a leakage issue so I purchased them for my GenIII. For those who drag a lot of water in the car (snow) the Husky's are your best bet. They provide much better leak protection and hold more water than the WeatherTechs. I have tested this by pouring a cup of water in my WeatherTech mats..... and they leaked.

6. egeorge1

egeorge1 Eric

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    As far as I am aware there is no OEM all weather cargo mat for the v, only carpeted. Can you point me to a link of one if one does exist?

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Damn. I thought it was the same mat. Turns out it was for the GenIII. Sorry. :(

8. liquidm1980

liquidm1980 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    guys thanks for all the info. we picked up the car yesterday and it came with oem carpeted mats. i negotiated a price thru costco and i didnt think i mats where going to be included. i heard they cost 299 and there is no way i was going to pay that for floor mats. for now we are going to stick with those.

9. PhilDaPrius

PhilDaPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello, newbie here =)
    Are the Prius floor mats compatible or any other Prius model fit a Prius v?
    Reason I asked because there are several new weather tech floor mats for sale and shapes looks alike.
    Thank you in advance

10. gromittoo

gromittoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My guess is no. The Prius v is longer than the Hatchback version. However, you can get the OEM floor-mats from a dealer that sells online at a discounted price. One that happens to be near me is Conicelli Toyota in Conshohoken Pa. If you buy online, and pick up, they waive the $14.95 shipping. There are other dealers that have the same arrangement with "Partznet", so it is worth checking if a dealer near you does the same "buy on web, pickup is free".

https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshohocken.com

They have both the Rubber and Carpet versions. I recently bought a CPO 2017 Prius v that didn't come with floor mats. I was able to buy brand new carpet floor mats (Black only) for $88 + tax from Conicelli, and pick them up for free. They also had the rubber Toyota branded mats that cost $95. I wound up buying a second set for my 2013 Prius v that is my Uber driver with 100k miles on it. Got rid of the hole in the driver floor mat where my heel sits, and got a gentle dose of "new car smell" at the same time!

https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshohocken.com/oem-parts/toyota-floor-mat-pt2084713020
    https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshohocken.com/oem-parts/toyota-2017-prius-v-floor-liners-3-piece-pt9084717002

NOTE: these 3-piece set do not include the trunk mat.

Georgina Rudkus likes this.
  11. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have a brand new set of bisque colored Prius v mats that came with my car. I immediately purchased a complete of gray WeatherTech mats immediately after I got the car. Now, they only make black Toyota Prius v carpeted mats.

Being a real pack rat, I haven't decided to sell them.