1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which model you wish Toyota make a hybrid version?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dnoh, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dnoh

dnoh New Member

After I bought my Prius, I am wondering if I need second car, what should I get? I will never go back to non-hybrid car and I don't want to buy same car, not that I don't like Prius, I want something different.

My first wishful choice will be,
    Toyota MR-2 roadster. I know it already have great mileage but it could be a dream to own a two sitter car convertible hybrid car. Since it's so light, Toyota might be able to pull like 80+ MPG on regular driving style. Although it's a sports car, it's idea of handling not fast on straight line. I think hybrid Mr2 Roadster is a perfect choice.

What do you think guys?

2. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yaris, or Corolla. Not a whole lo choose from in the car section.

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

For my wife, a hybrid Sienna (or better yet, a smaller minivan/MPV). But I agree, a hybrid MR2 would be cool. :)

4. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Without a doubt the Matrix. I was holding out on a Prius hoping Toyota might consider turning the Matrix or their other compact vehicles into hybrids down the road, but this does not look to be the case. So I traded mine in and haven't looked back since! :)

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    for the people who will say corolla or yaris. the new prius (08? 09?)is supposed to be based on the re modeled version of the uk corolla.

6. c4

c4 Active Member

I want to see a hybrid subcompact and a minivan in Toyota's lineup..

Sub: Yaris 4-door hatch.. A smaller than the current Prius design, but a good looking car and still plenty of interior space..

Mini: Either bring over the Estima hybrid, or make a Sienna hybrid..

7. iaowings

iaowings New Member

How about all the models with a hybrid option; I wish they made a hybrid truck. An acquaintance of mine has a small truck s10 4 cylinder. He is a gardener (does the designer gardens) he uses his truck to pick up plants and take them to his client’s homes. He needs a truck only because of the bulk of the items and is always saying the second someone makes a real hybrid truck like my car he will buy it. he gets ok mpg but wants better and since he does all stop and go driving a hybrid would benefit him greatly. I would actually consider getting a truck if it were a hybrid and/or got over 40mpg.

8. priussoris

priussoris New Member

We have an RV I would love it to be a HYBRID or better yet plug in and have our prius as our toad vehicle

9. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 24 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]429236[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, the Union of Concerned Scientists has a petition currently collecting signatures urging Toyota to bring the Estima minivan hybrid to America.

http://ucsaction.org/campaign/04_18_07_Toy...5fhomearspotlig

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ Apr 24 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]429228[/snapback]</div>
    The Yaris is basically an Echo which is basically a non-hybrid Prius. Back when I had my Echo, quite a few times people mistook it for a hybrid.

11. dnoh

dnoh New Member

I guess put a hybrid option will be really nice. It's like $2k option for every model, and got 15+ MPG benefit.

Right now, alot of people are staying away from a hybrid car because they think it's boring car. Right now, hybrid only went to sedan or small SUV. Too me, Toyota really need to step up and put something every exciting, like MR2. You can definately open up younger group of people. Toyota is known for reliable but when it comes to exciting stuffs, they got none. Perhap future Supra hybrid will bring that excitement but that will be too expensive for me and the MPG isn't going to be great.

I want something fun, exciting, fancy, sporty, awsome gas mileage and very green. MR2 is the key I think. Don't need alot of power, MR2 only has 140hp I think. Very light = good MPG to start with. Convertible = very exciting. Small, not fancy equipments = low cost.

COME TOYOTA, BRING ME HYBRID MR2!!!!

Wishful thinking? Probably right but I can always dream, right?

12. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

How about the Tundra? Keep in mind that most personally owned trucks do very little work. Most of just for people to show themselves driving a big truck.

13. dnoh

dnoh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OlsonBW @ Apr 24 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]429309[/snapback]</div>
    If Toyota can make Hybrid Tundra with same towing capacity and 30 MPG, I think this will make hybrid hate think twice about it.

14. hammermill

hammermill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Unfortunately Toyota stopped importing the MR2 to the US after the 2005 model year and I believe will stop selling it in Japan and the UK shortly. I always admired this affordable, economical (33 highway!) mid-engined RWD convertible for being such a quirky anomaly in the market.

15. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

If they had a RAV4, we would buy one in a heartbeat.

16. jeffn

jeffn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius The First @ Apr 24 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]429371[/snapback]</div>

Solara GT

17. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    realistically, yeah, Rav4

wishfully, Porsche 911 Carerra :lol: :lol:

18. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Given the way so many of them seem to be used, I'd think that the Sienna would be a perfect candidate. I've read (internet, of course) that weight and aero concerns may be behind the non-appearance of a hybrid Sienna.

19. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Apr 24 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]429293[/snapback]</div>
    Already signed it. :)

20. Per

Per New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I would love to see a hybrid Avalon--it has the features lacking in the Camry, and it should get about the same mileage as the hybrid Camry.