1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which of these 4 would you buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Pylodictis, Oct 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Pylodictis

Pylodictis New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Need help deciding between the following cars. Body and interiors are all similar and are all clean, no rust, major accidents etc.:

From an individual
    2008 Prius 100k miles, good service records, new tires, original hybrid battery and ABS. Most options. $5300.

From dealers (includes fees)
    2008 Prius 92k miles, good service records, new tires, Toyota hybrid battery in 2018. Most options. $7500

2009 Prius 126k, good service records, new tires, newer ABS. Touring package. $8000

2007 Prius 96k miles, good service records, new tires, brand new battery. Most options $8500

I'm leaning toward the 2008 for $5300 if the Dr. Prius App battery tests rates the battery as "good". Any input appreciated!!

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Did you have a chance to run any, or all of the VINs at : Track Your Service Records with Your Toyota Owners Account

Not a bad call on the 08, then take that saved 2-3k and buy/make a grid charger to bring back some health into the pack.

How long do you plan on keeping this vehicle, and what is the expected usage pattern?

3. lexidium

lexidium Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are they all T spirits or different ones?

4. Pylodictis

Pylodictis New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the welcome and info! I did not know about the VIN search on the Toyota page. Will take a look at that. My use will mostly be around town (about 150 miles a week of driving) and then monthly or so longer drives (800 miles round trip) to help family members. I usually hang on to cars about 4 years until my needs change or the car becomes prohibitively expensive to maintain. Prius is a small move to help reduce my carbon footprint.

Isaac Zachary likes this.
  5. Pylodictis

Pylodictis New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    All the same, "gen 2"

6. lexidium

lexidium Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But there are different models with different trim and accessories and engines.

7. oldtechaa

oldtechaa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure if you're specifically looking for low-mileage Prii, but mileage makes less of a difference in a Prius than age, especially for the battery. You might want to consider any good deals on higher-mileage cars as well, just so you're not missing an even better deal. I just can't see spending more than $6000 for any Gen 2 Prius now, no matter how low the mileage or how new the battery.

edthefox5 likes this.
  8. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have a car very similar to the first car you described. For five grand, I will drive it to Gainesville, hand you the keys, and buy you a beer.

SFO likes this.