1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Pin/wire to tap to remote the factory amp on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by boyito, Mar 15, 2017.

1. boyito

boyito New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ive got a gen 3 prius 2013 with JBL non Nav. I installed a new new aftermarket HU using a custom made ISO harness but there is no sound coming out from any of the speakers. I assume that the factory amp didnt turn on. Does anybody know which PIN/wire to tab from the 28PIN (Yes 28pin, not 10pin connector. The amp pinout on the 10pin connector from the car side doesnt have any wires connecting to it. Therefore, the amp cant possibly fire up from the 10pin connector) connector to remote on the amp?

Below is my custom made 28pin connector which I think i am missing the remote amp lead.

Thanks

1489595934584.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 and I do know there are wiring differences between Gen 3 years, so it's not safe to go by my wiring diagrams, but you can find yours at techinfo.toyota.com. That's probably the best way to get the definitive answer quickly.

I think the factory headunit also sends AVC-LAN commands to the amp, it's not all just power on wires. I assume your headunit is able to do that, if it's sold for this application.

The factory headunit has a diagnostic screen where it will show you which other components it successfully connects to on the AVC-LAN. Does this replacement have a screen like that?

-Chap