1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Prius??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tmcginni26, Nov 16, 2006.

1. tmcginni26

tmcginni26 New Member

I've been haggling with several dealers around Illinois for a base Prius with Package #3. I test drove one for about 2 hours last week, and I love the car!! The best prices I've found are $24,900 and $25,200. The $25,200 includes the XM radio and the z1 prefferred package which includes the rear bumpber applique, glass breakage sensor, and wheel locks. The dealer offering that is about 3 and a half hours from my home, the other about an hour. I don't really care about the XM radio but for the price I'd take it. Any suggestions?

2. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TMinIL @ Nov 16 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]350193[/snapback]</div>
    Yes!

Don't settle for a car because of minor logical or price differences, buy the one that most turns you on. You'll thank yourself down the line.

Most people find the car they really, really WANT and then justify the decision as if it was a choice based on logic.

My guess is that XM will be a good selling point some time down the line when you decide to sell.

I'll never get wheel locks again. Last time I had those I lost the key (realized when I sold the car). I'm sure I placed the key in a logical place 3 years earlier when I bought the car, but darned if I could remember where that logical place was.

And who cares how far the dealer is from your home. This is a one time event. Your local service department doesn't care where you bought it.

Just get the one you like best.

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< I wouldn't refuse a car bacause it has wheel locks, some protection against theft of wheels and tires. The "logical" place for a wheel lock key is IN THE CAR. You definitely would NOT want to suffer a flat tire with the wheel lock key at home or in some other "safe place." I keep mine in the center console and check it after each 5,000-mile wheel rotation. Others leave it with the spare tire but that's inconvenient for tire rotations.

If you register the key when you buy the car [Prius or other], you can easily order a replacement. Monday [Nov 13] I mailed my Registration Card for the Prius I bought Saturday [Nov 11].

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Whatever you do, make sure to get a package that includes VSC. It is an indispensible safety feature.

5. Zaxxon

Zaxxon New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TMinIL @ Nov 16 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]350193[/snapback]</div>
    I just bought my Package 3 here in Indianapolis last week for $24,588 with the floor mats included. Depending where in Illinois you are, Indy dealers are probably not too much further than 3.5 hours. I'd be happy to refer you to my salesman for a quote if you'd like; it was a very pleasant experience.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Good experience in Dallas TX on my new 2007 Touring Edition - traded my 2004 Prius. Good trade offer and discount on the new one.

PM me if you're interested.

7. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I echo Daniel, make sure you have VSC. After that don't worry who you buy yours from, I bought mine 2 states away.

Wayne

8. tmcginni26

tmcginni26 New Member

Update:

I followed Ken's advice and went with the one I liked best, it is black with the bisque, pkg. 3. I traded a Jeep Wrangler for it, and wow talk about night and day! Very happy so far.

9. binfire

binfire Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Nov 17 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]350784[/snapback]</div>
    Hey ~ I am interetsted in the dealer info.

I live in Dallas Texas area and am considering a 07 Prius base model with package #1 and floor mats. Today (11/19) I got a quote for $23,425 +TTL (MSRP $23,874). The dealer will order it because all Prius on the lot have installed many options which I don't need. I am planning to sign the deal on Monday (11/21). Any thoughts or suggestions on this are welcome! ;)

10. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TMinIL @ Nov 18 2006, 05:37 PM) [snapback]351499[/snapback]</div>
    Mine's black and bisque, too! And I traded my Isuzu Trooper for it. Welcome to the club! I'll bet the much smoother ride is almost startling, isn't it?

11. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Take it, when the gas price jumps up again (and it will) the demand will be high and you will be stuck.

Drive today what may be unavailable tomorrow.

12. MarkusMann

MarkusMann Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jstack @ Nov 19 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]351663[/snapback]</div>
    I picked up a new Prius Package 6 yesterday. Loving it so far. There's now quite a few Prius' on the lots here in Los Angeles. I got mine for MSRP. I miss my G35 Coupe (that I traded in) for the driving experience, but I love the Prius' finish, quiet drive, and most of all the fantastic technology. Because the bluetooth phone is so well integrated and the car is so quiet, the hands free experience is exceptional. The Nav first didn't look so impressive to me, but as I started driving and it revealed how it shows me directions I was a convert. Wow. I better get out of bed and take a drive now. :D