1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which rebate program am I in?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rlcarr, Sep 3, 2004.

1. rlcarr

rlcarr New Member

I placed my order before 10 March 2004, and so got the letter about how I'd be sent a $300 check if I bought at the higher MSRP. I finally took deliver on 19 August.

But then three days after I took delivery, I got a letter from Toyota with the "Redeem for $700 off 2005 Prius or $300 off 2004 Prius" certificate.

So now I'm confused -- am I still under the old program, where I just sit back and wait for Toyota to send a check, or am I under the new program where I have to send the certificate and documentation to Toyota in return for the check?

Thanks!

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you took delivery in August you got a 04. You get 300. If you had to wait and took delivery of a 05 you would get 700 but you did not. That's it. 300 for a 04 700 for a 05. Toyota is blunting the price increase for those who ordered before 3/10/04.

3. bparrish

bparrish Junior Member

I received my rebate coupon about 2 weeks ago - when I picked up the car (2004 BC) a week ago, the dealer said they had "heard about" the coupons, but it was the first they had seen. They just showed the $300 as a down payment (that I didn't pay) and that was that.

I think it was pretty cool that Toyota did it this way... especially if folks were tired of waiting, they could use it for something else in the product line.

4. mpruis

mpruis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mr Parrish,

May I ask where you finally purchased your Prius?

I would have been interested in a 2004 if the dealer had told me
    which MSRP they were talking about and if I had known that the
    fuel gauge/filler problem had been fixed after VIN 78,000.

thanks your postings

Mr Mel