1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Service Manual?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MrBlue, Oct 10, 2010.

1. MrBlue

MrBlue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings,
    I want to get a service manual for my 07. I have seen a couple of different and am wondering which is the best to get?
    1. Bentley $60 or so
    2. TIS Site where you can download for 2-days at $15 or so
    Thanks for the Read,
    MrBLue

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What repairs and services do you plan to perform? If you subscribe to TIS you will have access to 4,000+ pages of repair manual info, the electrical wiring diagram, tech training info, etc. Clearly that is the best, if "best" is defined as most comprehensive.

However, if you are not going to do much more than change engine oil and filters, then the Bentley manual would be sufficient.

3. jreed

jreed Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've got the Bentley and the official repair info and the Bentley is very similar in format and illustration for many common repairs. There are some areas where the Bentley doesn't offer any coverage at all, and you'll benefit from the complete coverage in the official manual. For example, Chapter 7 (Hybrid Transaxle chapter) in the Bentley manual covers how to bleed the inverter coolant but doesn't cover how to change the inverter coolant pump. For that, you need the Tech Info or else the help of Patrick Wong and others who have written and posted excellent write-ups here on how to do the job. :)

4. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have the Bentley, which is well done, and has very nice pictures. However, it is not useful for serious troubleshooting. For that you need the factory manual. It is available in PDF format. I purchased mine on Ebay, it covers 05 and 06. Yours should be close the the 06. Check on Ebay, or let me know if you want a copy of mine.