1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which tires to buy

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by xerox6135, Jun 10, 2014.

1. xerox6135

xerox6135 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hi guys I have a 2013 Prius persona it has the 17 inch wheels on it. I don't want to run these tires and rims in the winter so I bought a set of 15 wheels. I am looking at two different tires which one do you think would be the best tire for a Detroit winter. I am looking at the cooper cs4 and the Continental PureContact with EcoPlus I would love to hear your thoughts on these tires. I have a 2012 Prius c that I put the cooper cs4 on and the wife said they did ok this winter and she drives 80 miles a day to work but she said she took a hit of about 2 miles on the gallon when I put these on here car she has 15,000 miles on these tires and they don't look as if they have worn down any. I looked at the Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 but heard they kill your gas mileage and they don't wear so good if you leave them on in the summer

2. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I am considering either the Continental Pure Contacts with Ecoplus or maybe the Nokian WRG3's as my next set of tires. My winters tend to be more mild here than yours, but I'd like a set of tires that I could leave in place all year and get good traction in the wet and light snow and ice, besides not having issues in the dry summer months.
    Many great reviews of the PureContacts... one member here found them a little rough riding in your 17" size, but I am hopeful that would not be an issue on my 15" wheels.
    The tirerack site doesn't list Nokian, so their reviews and survey's are not there to be reviewed in comparison to the continental tires.

Hopefully someone can chime in with some added comments. There are plenty of observations in the LRR replacement list on Prius Chat here Xerox.. have a look there. Perhaps a moderator can paste these two messages onto that existing thread.

Roland ;)