1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

While streaming Bluetooth, hands-free phone won't work

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lawboy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. lawboy

lawboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just picked up my 2010 Prius III w/Nav. The hands-free works via Bluetooth and my iPhone, and streaming BT audio is working, also through the iPhone. If, however, I am streaming audio and a call comes in, the music keeps streaming and the hands free phone does not cut in. If I am listening to a CD, XM, etc., the incoming call interrupts the music, but not when I am streaming via BT. Is this normal? Is there a way for the incoming call to "trump" the streaming audio? Thanks in advance.

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    First: Welcome to PriusChat! I hope you find a ton of useful information here. You may be a bit overwhelmed by all of the various threads, but the information and discussions cover every conceivable topic!

Second: There are numerous threads on this topic, already. People have complained about the situation you've described, but I believe it has to do more with how you complete the bluetooth connections to the phone and audio properties of your iPhone. I had trouble, at first, but once I deleted the phone connection, I could then reconnect the phone and then the audio (using the same device name and passwords for each connection). After this procedure, everything seems to have worked fine for me.

Here are some of the threads that discuss iPhone bluetooth connectivity issues:
    1. Blue Tooth connection problems?
    2. Bluetooth Audio and the iPhone
    3. Auto Blutooth Connect?
    4. Bluetooth Audio Problem
    5. 2010 Prius Bluetooth A2DP & Iphone 3.0
    6. Issue with Iphone 3.0 Bluetooth Streaming
    7. iPhone OS 3.0 to support Bluetooth music streaming in 2010 Prius
    8. Iphone OS 3.0 Review on the Prius 2010
    9. Iphone os 3.0 video tutorial on the 2010 prius
    I hope you find the help you need in the posts above.

2 people like this.
  3. lawboy

lawboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you very much. As you said, this forum can be a little overwhelming. ;)