1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whistle Noise - Need Part Number PLS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Torien, May 8, 2009.

1. Torien

Torien New Member

If anyone has been able to get the plastic/vinyl pieces that cover the screws under the side mirrors please tell me. Our local Toyota dealer was unable to find the part number to order them even though half of the Prius's on their lot have the vinyl covers.

Thanks.

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just find some good clear 3M tape and cut off a small piece to cover the hole. Thats what I did.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. PriOliver

PriOliver New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Tape hasn't fixed it for me. Almost everywhere online the people who report back say that taping or removing a loose cover from a screw hole eliminated the wind whistle, but a few say it didn't. One person said what fixed it was replacing the gasket between the mirror and the door--or actually improvising a new one with foam tape. I'm still trouble-shooting my own whistle by taping different grooves around the mirror, but if none of that works, I might try the gasket.