1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whistler BC Prius v owners

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Nitram, May 29, 2013.

1. Nitram

Nitram Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There are a few Prius v's rolling up and down highway 99. Anyone else from Whistler on here? How are you finding your car for our terrain and winter?

2. jonb505

jonb505 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't live in whistler but i've been up and down the sea to sky highway a couple of times now with my v and usually average around 5 liters/100km round trip. I usually get closer to 5.6 driving around in vancouver traffic on a daily basis.
    I recently moved here from Edmonton so I don't know about whistler in the winter(i only go there in the summer for the bike park season) but Edmonton had plenty of ice and snow and extremely cold temperatures last winter and my v was just fine on the oem all season tires. Stability control is fantastic. Albeit, BC is far from flat so ymmv as far as winter driving in whistler.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Our 2005 handles Lower Mainland snow just fine with Nokian Hakkapeliita WRG2s. If you're driving the Sea-to-Sky in the winter, you may want dedicated winters. Yes the WRG2 tyres are certified winters (they have the mountain and snowflake symbol) but they're still a slight compromise compared to the Nokian Hakkapeliita R that I'm running on the 2010, which is a dedicated winter tyre.