1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

White, 10/24/03, Carson, CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by jaa, Jan 21, 2004.

1. jaa

jaa Junior Member

RE: Ordered September 1, 2003

Ordered October 24, 2003
    Carson Toyota
    No date promised
    White (Gray or ivory interior)
    BC package (Changed package from BI to BC 12/1/03)
    Unknown # on waiting list

We love Dianne! We ordered our Double Cab PreRunner through her when NorCal dealers wouldn't order for us. It was only a 3 week wait unlike the wait for our Prius.
    JAA
    Gilroy, CA.

2. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Re: RE: Ordered September 1, 2003

Hiya S and J!
    :D

Your switch to the BI brought your wait to a higher plane... that package 9's awfully popular! And, wanting only one color may have you making things a little harder on yourself... they make so few white cars in comparison with other colors. You have 9 people ahead of you for package 9 whites, but 6 of the 9 will take other colors as well so you could theoretically come up a lot in one or two allocations! It's such a darn crapshoot. Nice to see you here at Priuschat! :> I like this place -- it's a lot like TS and it's a lot more organized!

Di

3. jaa

jaa Junior Member

Yes, I like this place too. I guess from all your recent posts on delivery our chance of getting a Prius in February is O% and the actual delivery may be July or the first on your list for a 2005. Waiting patiently in Gilroy - J & S

4. Dianne

Dianne New Member

No, not at all. I have yet to even receive a white package 6 for sale. Only Pioneer white 9's and they all were delivered... The only other white car I had was a white package 3 and that went to folks ahead of you. Lately, though, we are told not to expect any package 6 cars at all. Just 3, 8, and 9... they may add 6'es back to the allocations but that's a big IF! :/

5. jaa

jaa Junior Member

[/b][/quote]But we don't want package 6. We want package 9.

6. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Julie...

OK... duly noted here. With 240+ people in my list, it's hard to keep track of everyone. :> I have yet to have a package 9 white either --- and there are a lot of folks ahead of you that will take a white BC... sorry for the confusion! :/ It's still gonna be a ways away... nothing' I can do till March arrivals bring us HOPEFULLY more cars!

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm betting that April will see around a 30% jump in your allocation - at least I'm hoping :)

8. Dianne

Dianne New Member

I hope it actually doubles in March and April....

9. Mau28

Mau28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ok...this is my first post!!! Neways... I have been reading posts on this forum for awhile, I would like to participate more, but no Prius yet ... :( I just put myself on the list at Carson, and Adrianne was really nice and helpful. Im realistic about not getting one for 4+ months or even more. But just wondering, it seems that most people are opting for package 9, what about Package 8 in white? I wonder whats the demand for that? I know no concreate # can be made due to people who are waiting and those willing to take whatever comes to them..but a ballpark would be nice (ex: in the twenties vs in the 100+)...any help appreciated!! once again..love the forum

10. jaa

jaa Junior Member

Hi Mau28, We're all clueless. It looks like from Dianne's post and others that people who orderd in August are still waiting. We ordered end of October and no end is in sight. We're not open to other colors or options and that would increase your chances. I think 4 months is extremely optimistic. jaa

11. Mau28

Mau28 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ah..(sigh)....Im wondering if I'll see one before the 05' comes out.....but actually im hoping i get one at the summers..trying to be optimistic.....realistically i wonder

12. jaa

jaa Junior Member

5 months and 2 days and our wait is over. We're flying down to LA tomorrow morning and picking up our white BC, grey interior from Dianne late morning. Can't wait to see it. Haven't told any one yet except all of you. I'll post again when we get back. jaa

13. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Julie, what is worse is that it's actually been 7 months since I first added you to the interest list as one of my previous buyers! It's about time! I just never got the deposit (and we have since stopped even taking deposits) till the fall. But, it's been a pleasure with you and Steve and your patience! :> I'll see you tomorrow!
    Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

14. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's great Julie. You are going to love your car. Enjoy your drive home.

Jeff

15. erinishuman

erinishuman Original Owner

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh! I'm starting to get excited! Sounds like you were actually put on Dianne's list in maybe August, and I was put on in September, and I have several acceptable colors (though, OK, not silver) so maybe just maybe the phone will ring sometime soon! I told my husband I had a good feeling about April.

Not impatient. Just excited.

16. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Hiya Erin! Yes, you are getting closer too, but that one-color-choice surely held you back for a while. Now that you are open to 4 colors, we're doing better. Matter of fact, had you been OK with white, Julie'd possibly still be on my list and you'd have a white car.... it's all in the color and the WHEN you open to other colors and in the timing and the packages I see.

This is why I want to impart to Toyota that using this same "allocation" system to distribute the Highlander Hybrid will be STUPID. The one thing I have learned in life is that doing the same thing over and over (or in this case, again!) and expecting different results is insane. :>

Dianne

17. jaa

jaa Junior Member

Thanks Dianne, It was great seeing you again on Saturday. We had a great drive back along the coast. We thought mileage was great, 40.6 mpg, and since we've been home mileage has increased to 46.8 mpg. Love the car and my boss who is a Prius pioneer was a little envious on Monday. We'll definately come back and see you when we're ready for a hybrid Highlander in a few years. Hopefully by then the distribution system will be fixed and there will not be any wait. Take care. Julie and Steve

18. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Julie, it was so great to see you and Steve again! What a treat for my hectic Sunday! And, what could be better than TWO Carson Toyotas in one's driveway!

Congrats on your new home, and hurry up and paint and get settled! :>

Di

19. N9IWP

N9IWP New Member

THREE Carson Toyotas in one's driveway? :lol:

Brian