1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

White, BC #9, 9/2/04, Riverside Toyota

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by TimeFor, Sep 13, 2004.

1. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Date Ordered: 9/2/04
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Toyota of Riverside, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 8 Weeks :cussing:
    Color: White
    Option Package: #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 3

2. DanH

DanH New Member

Only eight weeks! My dealer here on NC is telling me 18 months! Also I didn't think anyone could get one that soon anywhere in CA. :mrgreen:

3. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanH\";p=\"39209)</div>

Yea well, thats what they are telling me. I've heard of a few dealers here getting them in 2-3 months. Longo, witch is the biggest around here, was quoting 10 weeks when I called. So I think its normal here... We'll just have to wait and see.

4. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

hell, at 18 months I would just order a car wherever you can get it the soonest and ship it to you. Its only like 800 bucks to ship a car from west coast to east.

5. chanterelle

chanterelle Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I think it depends on what dealer you are with. The Glendora dealer quoted me 8 months back in July, and Toyota Town in Stockton told me 3 months. I opted to order from Toyota Town, and got my car in under 6 weeks. Asif told me that he was telling people 3 months just in case it it took longer, but realistically, was expecting to get people in cars in under 8 weeks. It was only if they had specifics and would not budge from them that it was taking longer!! And if he was able to deliver in less than the 3 months, it just made him look like a hero, rather than a lying bum, if he told people 6 weeks, and it ended up taking longer, like some of the dealers out there.

6. DanH

DanH New Member

Yea, I have been considering at least putting my name in with other dealers. (I have been told me of dealers in WV with shorter wait times.) Another reason I may need to go to another dealer is the package I want (#7 for 2004, AM) they are not alloted any and it will my order a special one. One thing I'm trying to figure out is what states will be getting this package in 2005.

Also, I am trying to factor in some time. Since I heard there were such long waits I was planning on about a year anyway. The 18 months (Even more possably since I want the AM package.) is getting beyond my planned wait time though.

I guess the good news to all this is it seems more and more are talking about 2 and 3 month wait times (and getting them at MSRP :) ) and fewer with 1 year plus wait times.

7. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

I got the call tonight :D

My car is coming in Oct. 15th! Everything I ordered.
    $26,716

8. guster

guster New Member

Congrats TimeFor... I was just curious How much your total was including taxes and fees in CA?

Im pretty much ready to order a prius and I would love to get the Nav pkg but the msrp including it just puts me on the edge of what I can afford.

thx chris

9. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Tax here is 7.75%... but I don't know if there are any other taxes they can add.

So thats about $2070 in State Tax.. Shipping is $680.. I'm not sure if thats in MSRP or not. But I'm ordering all kinds of accessories so I'm not sure my real total.

Anyone else order a #9 in CA? what did you pay in Taxes?

10. GreenSteve

GreenSteve Web Hosting Provider

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ordered a white 2005 with the new package #6 (BC same as the 2004 Package #9) from Toyota of the Desert in Cathedral City, CA on Thursday.
    Actually the car is already on its way to the dealer. I have a signed purchase contract with a VIN.

We were told the car should be in within 10 days. I was shown a manifest that listed as now on a boat on its way to Long Beach, CA.

The dealer told me he had 10 Prii on the way. There
    was another white one on the lot that had just been sold.

11. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

I paid for it today, I'm picking it up Firday