1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

White House Petition for equal tax incentives for plug-in conversions

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by chenyj, Aug 28, 2012.

1. chenyj

chenyj Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Please support the plug-in movement and sign the petition and spread the word.

We now have 30 days to get 25,000 signatures in order for your petition to be reviewed by the White House. Until our petition has 150 signatures, it will only be available from the following URL and will not be publicly viewable on the Open Petitions section of We the People:
    We should support OEM and Aftermarket Plug-in vehicles with the same tax incentives | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
    Here are a few tips to help you promote the petition and get to 25,000 signatures:
    1. Email: Email your petition to your friends, family and others who care about this issue. Below is a sample email you can forward to your friends right now.
    2. Facebook: Post your petition to your Facebook wall to let folks know about it. Here is a sample message you can cut and paste into your Facebook status:
    I just started a petition on the White House petitions site, We the People. Will you sign it? We should support OEM and Aftermarket Plug-in vehicles with the same tax incentives | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
    3. Twitter: Tweet about your petition. Here is a sample tweet you can use:
    I just started a petition on the White House Petitions site, We the People. Will you sign it? We should support OEM and Aftermarket Plug-in vehicles with the same tax incentives | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hit forward and then delete the text above to let your friends know about your petition!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Dear friends,
    I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 25,000 signatures by September 27, 2012, the White House will review it and respond!
    We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.
    You can view and sign the petition here:
    We should support OEM and Aftermarket Plug-in vehicles with the same tax incentives | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government
    Here's some more information about this petition:
    We should support OEM and Aftermarket Plug-in vehicles with the same tax incentives
    While the Federal government should continue providing Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicles (IRC 30D) tax incentives for new plug-in vehicles, they should extend the same incentives to EV / plug-in conversions. Conversions target 250M existing vehicles on the roads, can save over 40% of fuel use or no fuel at all, have a smaller carbon footprint than new car since they reuse most of the original vehicle, and cost less to buy as an incremental expense making plug-in more affordable. Supporting Equal Incentives for Conversions will: stimulate jobs to a different workforce segment than new cars, more quickly expand the number of fuel saving vehicles on the road, develop plug-in / EV industry expertise more broadly and quickly across the country and reach 1M plug-ins by 2015.

[email protected] likes this.