1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

White or Gray Metallic for 2014 Prius 3?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JamesAdams1, Sep 28, 2017.

1. JamesAdams1

JamesAdams1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm having a hard time deciding between White and Winter Gray Metallic. I am literally borderline 50/50 on which I should pick. I like the way the white looks whenever I see it driving next to me, but at the same time I feel like the gray is more neutral and more chill looking. Are there any pro's or con's of either? I've heard white can actually be bad for drying up water that gets into the engine from rain since it reflects the sunlight, and darker colors actually help get water out of the engine due to heat. I have no idea if this is true or not, but from a standpoint of what's technically the more beneficial color, which would you guys recommend? Factoring in how hard each is to keep clean, paint fading, dent hiding, etc.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Our 2011 WGM seemed to be invisible to inattentive drivers. Several near misses with drivers turning out across our path, like we weren't even there. Must blend in with the surrounding blacktop I guess.

It's been better since I installed a DRL module for daytime running lights. If you get a WGM 2014, use the LED DRLs that come standard with the 2012+ models.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Also, no matter what color you get, upgrade your horns. The oem Prius horns are very wimpy. There's a link in my signature below for an inexpensive mod.

j12piprius and RCO like this.