1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

White or Light Silver?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tenor1, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Tenor1

Tenor1 New Member

We felt the white Prius looks great but felt the light silver hides the dirt and dust of Los Angeles better. The salesman claims 7 of 10 cars sold are silver. I would like the white with gray interior because the mats would look less dirty. So we thought maybe silver inside and out would be even better.

Do you have silver and regret it, or do you have white and regret it?

Regards,
    Tenor1

2. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tenor1 @ Jul 12 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]477707[/snapback]</div>
    I was told by a trained school bus driver that Silver is the hardest color to see in the fog.

I seriously doubt that 7 out of 10 cars sold is Silver.

Let me guess. The dealer has a White Prius. Believe me, if he had a Silver one and you wanted White, he would be telling you that 7 out of 10 cars sold is white.

I would recommend you get a Silver Prius with a green tint. Silver Pine Mica is the easiest color to keep clean according to yours truly

3. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Actually white does not show the dirt etc. very much. Black or dark colors are MUCH harder to keep looking good.
    We now have a white and a red Prius--white is easier. Red looks better, IMHO.
    Carl

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Silver is nearly invisible!
    There are a couple of silvers in the area I live in, and they are hard to see... and, they look permanently dusty (to me).
    Mine is a White, and it looks clean all the time, right until I get up to it with the hose and bucket, and start washing it! I have to be within a foot of it to see, "oh no, road tar. oh no, bug guts!"...
    The slight glare off the Superwhite blinds you to the dirt....

5. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I looked at a white and a silver side by side. The white looked more prone to showing dirt simply by virtue of being a 'plain' color instead of a metallic one, but I much preferred the silver because to me it showed off the shape of the car better. That's the one I bought and even though I've seen the other colors since, I'm happy I bought silver, and wouldn't change it for any other color. The next nearest alternative for me would be magnetic grey.

6. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the a magnetic gray and it does better than i had expected at staying clean, but another advantage of the white is that it is better at hiding light scratches than any dark color.

7. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Darelldd's photos of his Silver swung me in that direction. I was dead set on a mag gray or a black prior to seeing how it looks with some tint and logos removed. I like all the colors but couldn't picture me in most of them... not sure that makes sense, but there you go.

8. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tenor1 @ Jul 12 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]477707[/snapback]</div>
    This is my second silver Toyota and it does hide dirt very well. I could not imagine having white in the Chicago winters. :(

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Silver. Silver.

Yes, I am biased.