1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

White Package 9 - March 18th - Danville Toyota, Danville, VA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by jkaplan, Apr 6, 2004.

1. jkaplan

jkaplan New Member

Date Ordered: March 18th
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Danville Toyota, Danville, VA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 1 week
    Color: White
    Option Package: Package #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: unknown

Thanks to a tip from a Prius Chat Member, I called Danville Toyota. They had a waiting list of 7-8 people, but all are waiting for a package #9 in a certain color and none of them wanted a white car. The salesman I spoke with, Court Simpkins, said it was mine if I wanted it at MSRP, plus $299 processing/documentation fee. I had previously placed an order with Koons Tysons Toyota in Northern Virginia, but hadn't received a call and didn't know when the call would be coming in. I told Court I would take the car, and then the ordeal began.

The car was turned over to the freight company that hauls cars for Toyota. Since Danville Toyota is the most southern most dealership in the central atlantic region, the car "dissappeared" for a week and a half. I was originally told it would only take them 72 hours to deliver it. Everyone's guess was that it was sitting on the trailer with about 6 other cars destined for Danville Toyota. The dealership was very honest with me the entire time, always giving me status on what they had done to try to track the car down. They even refunded my deposit and said they would deliver the car to me for free (the dealership is 5 hours from my house) since they didn't know where the car was and it was a week overdue. Of course, right after they did that, the car arrived on their lot. True to their word, my deposit had been refunded and they had it delivered the next day, on a Saturday. I had the car about 2 1/2 weeks after first contacting the dealership.

Throughout everything, the dealership was a pleasure to work with and extremely patient with me as I called them everyday for a status update. I would highly recommend them to anyone. If you are in the area and possibly interested in getting on the waiting list for a #7 or a white #9, you could give them a try. The general manager of the dealership said that they usually get about 1 a month.