1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who can Program a used Key Fob near Baltimore/DC/FL?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by feivel, Jan 8, 2018.

1. feivel

feivel Junior Member

We have four Prius v's, and one lost it's second key. Well, the person driving it did. I have one working/matched fob. I have an extra fob from the a different one.

I've called a few dealerships, and they all say they can't program a used key fob. From the threads, it looks like some can do it, but I can't find one. Any suggestions on dealers, locksmiths, or awesome Prius users that have the hardware to do this? The schools are all closed today for "weather" so someplace near DC today would be ideal.

We're travelling science teachers, on the way through Baltimore, DC, heading south in the next few weeks to VA, NC, SC, FL.

Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) smart Key Info | PriusChat

Thanks for your help!!

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suspect Todd at Tampa Hybrids in Tampa Florida may be able to assist if you are going near there. @jerrymildred may know since @TampaPrius.com does not post here much anymore.

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If that would leave a different car with only one FOB, then that is a BAD idea because if you lose the only one remaining, it will cost you over $1000 to fix !!!!

You should contact some locksmiths and find one that will sell you a new FOB and program it........for about half the price that a dealer would charge.

4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You could try Todd at Tampa Hybrids. He would know exactly what can and can't be done as far as reprogramming used fobs and has the tools to do it. I have Techstream, but have never tried programming fobs and would hate to have an unfortunate learning experience on someone else's car.

5. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Look up PopALock - they are a chain of locksmiths with mostly good reports, a few bad.