1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who copied whom?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bluetwo, Aug 21, 2009.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Relevance is irrelevant

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not trying to start a war here. This is just a thread I'm having a little fun with and I want to see what people think.

Honda and Toyota have been using this kind of design for years and it's actually impossible to say which one came up with it first and because I believe this so much (and of course I could be wrong but it's on you guys to prove it) I'm going to go to the trouble to demonstrate below.... and I went to some trouble to find similar photos and upload them so at least look. And by the way, for anyone who says one automaker copied the other know that you have to be BLIND to miss the glaring similarities in these models (well, that or not looking) and work on these first two, the FXC Clarity and 8th generation Civic, started WAY back, lets say in about 2005 for lack of looking into the exact details. I present to you, who copied whom? And of course the point! It's all about aerodynamics people!!! A car can only be shaped to cut through the wind to a certain extent (at least production cars) and these designs are about as good as it gets right now. I am purposefully not looking too into what cars came out and when because I want to see if other people see the similarities like I do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Clarity concept looks like the Iconic Prius. It was shown after the Prius. No wonder the Insight looks so much like Prius.

3. bluetwo

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, because Honda has been making cars like this for years based on it's usefulness not the fact that another automaker used it.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    From looking at other manufacturers, it seems to me that Hyundai/Kia has perfected the art of creating models that look like the best-sellers from Toyota and Honda.

1 person likes this.
  5. bluetwo

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ha! You can say that again. I've heard it from several other people too. It's like Hyundai and Kia said why even go to the trouble to engineer a whole new car? Just take what works from other cars.