1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who had Order# 001?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ukr2, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    The lowest Order number in the Spreadsheet is 0039.
    I just noticed that 00039 was LuckAzusa, who so far is the 1st PIP owner to get the car home.
    Tracksyde, number 1700, was the 1st to finish signing the deal, but he's getting leather added. How did Track jump line with a number 1700 ???

Who got numbers 1 thru 38?
    Are they PriusChat member that just didn't add their info?
    If you are one of these numbers, please add yourself to the Spreadsheet.

Toyota USA should have invited #0001 to Japan to see their car built, given them a ride on the Ship or at least make a big deal turning over the keys to the PIP.

Where is Marketing ???

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Leno got #1

Bob Lutz took delivery of #2

William Clay Ford has #3

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I kinda don't think those 1 - 38s tend to hang around on PC. Wouldn't they be VIPs and celebs?

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had 38 and 42. I would guess it didn't start at one since I am sure testing went on Toyota's end concerning the site and such and those numbers may have gotten used up on test orders. I'd too like to know though who had the first 'real' order number... I know I was on immediately when it went live (refreshing like a fool) which is the only reason I cannot beleive there is a #1 and 37 people were faster than I was...

5. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Like I said above, the Spreadsheet shows LurkAzusa as #39 and she has her PIP and was posting yesterday.

Isn't there a Toyota USA exec on PriusChat? Any insight?

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had 38 (38 and 42 as I posted above), and am not on the sheet since I removed myself because my data kept getting changed.

I am not posting that I have mine yet because I am on the East Coast and we get our cars about 2 weeks after the west coast gets theirs.

As for a Toyota person, yes, Erica posts on here when she can. Her username is Prius Team. Right now with the PiP launch and upcoming Prius c release as well she is quite busy and doesn't get on as often as other times.

Order # really wasn't supposed to mean much though according to what we kept hearing, it was how quickly ones dealership confirmed the order on their end which mattered most.

7. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Submitted to Erica of Prius Team:

Hi Erica, Thanks for being part of PriusChat.

I asked this question 2/29/12 and wondered if you could find out for us.

Paradox from NY is 0038, but he removed his name from the Order Spreadsheet.

The lowest Order number in the Spreadsheet is 0039 LuckAzusa in CA, who was the 1st PIP owner to get the car home.

Tracksyde, also in CA, number 1700, was the 1st to finish signing the deal, but he's got leather added at the dealer and got it how a few days later. Also, how did Tracksyde get the 1st Plug-in with such a high number!!!

Were order numbers 0001 thru 0037 real Order numbers, or just used to test the system?

Can you find out? Thanks

8. RunTellThat

RunTellThat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I would expect that the last few digits of the vin# correlates to production number....

I was order number 512, and the last 4 digits of the vin of my PIP is 1980... I figure that my PIP was the 1980th PIP on the assembly line.

:couch2: I'm just waiting for my PIP to arrive at the dealership... hopefully by this weekend if not tomorrow!

:high5:Oh what a feeling!:high5:
    2012 PIP Standard Trim, Classic Silver Metallic

9. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My order # was 1700. My car is 1473.

10. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't know about that VIN theory, the car shipped first in Japan.

11. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Early orders numbers might be in-house orders for Toyota management staff. No dealer involved but the order would still need to be placed with the factory.

Production cars submitted/supplied to various agency's and groups for crash testing had VIN's also. How would they figure in?

I think of VIN's as being like guest checks at the restaurant. Each waitress has one book for the section they work. The receipts are in order in the book in groups of 50 but the books are random in overall serial number. They get time-stamped every shift or day. Each assembly line and location might have its own "book" of VIN's for each model configuration.

I looked around using Google but just ended up here.

12. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Last 4 digits of my order number was 0418. Last 4 digits of my VIN is 2629. That pretty much kills the theory that your order number is related to your VIN. The next car after mine would presumably get a VIN with 2630 as the last 4 digits and it quite possibly could've been one destined for the Japanese domestic market.

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't forget that TMS may stock a few PiPs as test fleets for journalist to take home and do an article. Some may stay in the company as a company vehicle.