1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has gotten their delaminating steering wheel replaced under goodwill? Dealership is no help.

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Jon Watkins, Aug 30, 2024 at 11:01 AM.

1. Jon Watkins

Jon Watkins Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2017 with 70k miles. Original owner. Third Prius I purchased new and always serviced at the same dealership. Steering wheel cover adhesive started coming loose around 60k miles and cover is now bunching up in 3 different places. Makes it miserable to drive the car. Windshield cover has been used religously since new. Talked to service advisor at 70k service about a goodwill replacement since others have reported here they have gotten that done. The service advisor was absolutely no help. Called the Toyota experience center in Tx and spent an hour on the phone with Sylvia explaining the problem. She verified the problem with the dealership service advisor during the call. She told me Toyota could not do anything about a goodwill replacement. Asked to escalate the issue and was told there was no escalation….that she had the final say. I’m sending a certified letter with pictures today to Toyota corporate and see if they will do anything about replacing the obviously defective steering wheel.

Who has gotten their steering wheel replaced under goodwill due to the cover delamination? What process did you use to get that acomplished?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Cold comfort: try someone else next time you're car buying.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's normally very hard to get stuff covered out of warranty, especially if it's not a known defect. They will always tell you the problem is created by the user, either hand cream, the sun, or user error. So I think best route is to just buy another one off Ebay and call it a day.