1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

who has had this problem: no cruise, abs, brake, and skid light on.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by gene fairchild, Dec 23, 2014.

1. gene fairchild

gene fairchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    who can help me? No cruise control, ABS, Brake and skid light on (Prius 2010). One hell of a christmas gift if you can offer any helpful suggestions!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could be a fuse, check the health of your 12 volt. how many miles on her?

3. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I know if the inverter pump fails, you can still drive, but cruise control is disabled. Check for turbulence in the inverter coolant holding tank. If there is none with the car on, then your inverter pump needs to be replaced.

4. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The most common deduction to draw from that combination is a fault in the ABS brake system somewhere.......and the cruise control is just collateral damage.
    But it seems that I do remember that is one of the strange combinations that can pop up with a weak 12 V battery too.

NutzAboutBolts likes this.
  5. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Short of getting it scanned and get a code, we are all just speculating.

6. Daddy Dave

Daddy Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had the same thing happen after I hit a deer with the left front. It isn't fixed yet, but I'm fairly certain it is a problem with the ABS sensor on that wheel.

7. fight

fight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Happen one time on mine when letting torque running after engine shutdown. Stop and start and it was ok.

kc410 likes this.
  8. kc410

kc410 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I keep forgetting about this association.
    Happened again this afternoon - out & about, jump in & power up, try to drive off & stuck in traffic in the parking lot. Finally get on road & notice ABS & Anti-Skid lit - I know what this means, no power assist brakes (brakes do work, its just that the petal sinks much further before any braking action) - so I make the first right & stop - power down then back up & everything clears.
    I had normal braking action in the parking lot or I would have noticed it before.
    When I had parked the Prius, I did have Torque running & powered Prius down before stopping Torque, but I forgot about it when I got back in.

This makes the 3ed time I've had this happen during the past ~8 months.
    Torque never can see any code(s) when the ABS & Anti-Skid is lit on dash - & a power cycle of the Prius clears up the. problem

9. Eclipse1701d

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Wasn't there an old post about this... The odb2 dongle was the problem. It had something to do with the amount of data passing via the bus...

10. kc410

kc410 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Its possible - I keep the BT dongle connected 24/7 & I've never had a problem connecting/disconnecting Torque, as long as I don't forget & power down Prius with Torque still running. Even then, my biggest problem will be having to power-cycle my phone to get Torque to connect. When I have some time I might try searching & see if I can come up with any older threads on this. Will post if I do.

11. Eclipse1701d

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    If I remember correctly, it was the dongle, certain cheaper ones caused the above problem... I think they may have been from China.

12. kc410

kc410 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ohh I'm starting to remember - so many to choose from - they all say "ELM327" - I ended up just ordering one & it has functioned OK.
    The one I got (back in March) is a little smaller than a pack of cigs & has an orange/blue label.
    I've tested this unit on a Corolla & a Camry & with Torque it worked ok on both vehicles.

Let me try another one - I just ordered one of these - & it has a power switch :)
    Vgate Icar ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Car Diagnostics Scanner with Power Switch | eBay
    When it arrives I'll post my comments here.

13. kc410

kc410 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I received this OBDII bluetooth adapter today.
    Torque->Settings->OBD2 Adapter Settings->Choose Bluetooth Device
    to select the new adapter.

It functions at least as well as the first unit I purchased - everything seems to function the same.
    With Torque running I did try powering down the Prius for ~20 min. then powering it back up & Torque continues with no problems. That is not something I would normally do, just a test.

It does have a pushbutton switch on the front to power the device on/off. I can leave it plugged in but powered off easy enough, & when I want to use Torque I just have to reach down & press the button once & its powered up.

For now I will use this new adapter & (in my spare time) try to make it fail.

#13 kc410, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  14. priusvid

priusvid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    I have this same problem on my 2010, no cruise, traction, abs, did you find a solution? Thanks

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you checked all the fuses?

how many miles on her?

are all the tires the same? pressures?

priusvid likes this.
  16. priusvid

priusvid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    havent checked any fuses, thats a good idea, 350,000 miles, the tires look fine, i guess i should check the pressure once in a while.. the light is on though, but ive learned to ignore that after faulty sensors for years and years...

bisco likes this.
  17. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Could be an abs issue if it’s all 3 that’s giving you the problem.

18. Najam

Najam New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Business Edition
    Hi everyone. I m also facing the problem of automatic on and off ABS + Break and Skid light in my prius 2010 and it done 150K miles. i noticed this problem (last for 2 months ) when cluster warning lights for ABS turns ON it dismiss the battery charging while +breaking and when these warning lights turns off automatically and everything become normal. Kindly help and guide how to proceed further.
    Many thanks

19. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You could have one of your ABS sensors going bad.

I recently replaced my front wheel bearings. The next day cruise wouldn't work, brake light was on,
    skid control, and abs. You'll also lose charging when you let off the the throttle, and electric braking.

But my right rear ABS sensor failed. I replaced the rear hubs 9000 miles ago.
    I had to reinstall my old one until I get the replacement.

You'll need techstream or OB2 reader that will read ABS systems.
    Hopefully, it will be a front sensor. Easy to change.