1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who has used KYB Strut-Plus assemblies? (quick struts)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Sir Not Appearing, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Sir Not Appearing

Sir Not Appearing New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I just bought a very clean, well-maintained 2008 with 202k and while it runs great and is getting good mileage, the front passenger strut is shot and I'm looking to get KYB struts by the end of the month while KYB is doing their cash back deal.

However, I'm torn between piecing together everything minus springs (about $425) or getting 4 Strut-Plus assemblies (about $550) because of what I've see quick struts do on other makes and models and the last thing I want is either a 4x4 look or the classic quick strut reverse rake with the front end 3" higher than the rear. Somehow, it seems the aftermarket replacements rarely have the correct length/rate even with KYB, but I'm not familiar with their products on the Prius.

If you've used them on a gen 2 or really any gen, I'd be interested in hearing what kind of experience you had with ride height after install.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might look into simply getting cheaper no name brand struts with springs already in place... Way cheaper and way less hassle to install and the performance difference between no name struts & springs vs. KYB won't be the slightest bit noticeable if you're using standard 65 aspect ratio tires which makes a Prius drive like a sofa on corners at speed. Of course if you're going to use a 60 aspect ratio or even lower profile tire than even that, then KYB upgrade might be noticeable, but your MPG will take a huge hit.

#2 PriusCamper, Mar 5, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2023