1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who here has put the most miles on their Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dan Gross, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Dan Gross

Dan Gross New Member

Hello, all. Looks like a fair likelihood that I will be a Prius owner in the next month or so. Dealership I dropped the deposit at has a shipment coming in (on the boat) with 3 out or 4 cars accounted for. A tip for people looking: try going out to the sticks. A dealership in the city had 35 people total on the waiting list, so they were segregating by preferred package and color, as a point of comparison. In the meantime there are a couple other cars I will be looking at, but I'm guessing we'll end up with a Prius, and likely being a package #6 (only package in NYS with stability control...).

I've been reading through these forums quite a bit, and I've not seen much on older/high odometer cars...Who has gone over 100,000 miles on theirs? What's your repair costs like? In general, how have people been doing beyond "standard wear" items like brakes, tires, etc? Likelihood is that I'd like the next car I get to last 9-10 years, which would amount to 175K+, and how long it stays would depend on frequency/cost of repair...

So I'd appreciate comments from those who have had their car a long time and/or have put reasonably high miles on it...

Thanks!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    200,000+ miles on the Prius taxis and no major problems.

3. Dan Gross

Dan Gross New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius\";p=\"85389)</div>
    Thanks. End up the Prius Math site is giving me just the kinds of answers I was looking for, with the "Hybrid Experience" link you put in there being particularly useful...so I guess I should thank you again for that! :)