1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who is responsible for this weather!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Jul 24, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Today it was 99º in Olympia today!!

i thought yesterday was bad but today was ridiculous. and whats worse, my apartment wasnt even cooled off from Thursday!

I drove the pickup to help my sister move a desk and it was torture to drive that thing with no air conditioning. But i will say my Prius handled the heat without batting an eye.

i cranked the air on med fan set at 72º and in less than a minute it was very comfortable in there. i couldnt believe how quickly it cooled off the car. also when i first took off, the thermometer was saying the outside temp was 112º so even with the heavy cooling demands my Prius took it in stride. i did lose a little in gas mileage, but believe me, it was well worth it~!

according to the news, one more day of this weather then back to 80 finally.

2. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I can't remember now if it was Thurs, Fri or Sat (I've been under a Clairitin-induced fog since Thurs due to allergies deciding to flair up), but it was 103 degrees in Issaquah one of those days. Blazers without a/c are very very bad things to be in when the temps rise above 73 (I hate heat!). I'm just glad it's all over now and the temps are back to a tolerable heat. If my Prius doesn't come with A/C, I'll wait for the next one that does!

3. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    you have nothing to worry about. air conditioning is part of the basic package.

and believe me, i've never seen air conditioning that worked as well as the one in my Prius. the speed at which it cools the car is amazing.

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know; I was shocked at how quickly it cooled things! When I was in Prius Heaven while in Oregon, the temps were 96 degrees with extremely high humidity. I was afraid to get into the car, but in less than a minute the a/c had things blissfully cool. It was also colder than any other car's a/c that I've ever been in. Yay for a/c!

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The fungi on my toes is dieing and the moss on my south side is looking bad! Where is the rain? I need rain. Really this is a bit hot I would like it 10 degrees cooler and I would be happy.

6. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    today its 15º cooler and that aint enough. i can go 10 more. looks like the beginning of next week it might finally happen.

Ya 70!!

7. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, no kidding! 70 is by far the best summer temperature (though I actually like much colder temps, but I'm not going to complain about 70 after what we've been having!). To me, 60 degrees is perfect; but the colder it is, the happier I am (snow is more likely when the temps reach 32 or lower...YAY FOR SNOW!). Maybe if I think about snow and ice, I can fool myself into feeling cooler than I am.....or not.

*sizzles and pops, finally melting into a puddle*

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    nooooo snoooww!!!

but 60 would be nice.

9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Global warming. (Which is to say, All of us United Statsians who drive big cars and burn lots of coal in our power plants are to blame.) The increase in global average temperature drives stronger storm systems and flow patterns; the cold air that should be near the poles gets shoved toward the equator by hot tropical air. While the Northwest bakes, Texas is having near-record cool temps and rain.

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    13" in Dallas Texas today... WOW...its like... you better know how to swim!!

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Stupid global warming! :cussing: The record heat has killed most of the plants in my yard (even the long-established trees) despite all the watering. I would think that the Texans would be glad to see some rain, although I don't know that they wanted to be flooded with 13" of it!

Snow is good. It makes you have to stay home from work, and gives you an excuse to lob snowballs at people. It's perfect. :mrgreen:

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well snow like i experienced when in alaska was ok. but the snow we experience around here is well lets face it, a muddy mess.

it would be impossible to keep my baby clean for even the briefest of periods during one of the snow sessions we get around here.

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That’s why I am keeping my old car to drive in the snow when it pours and there is 6 inches of water on the road and for towing and logging roads.

14. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yep, same here. My blazer will be used for snow (read: muddy vaugely snow-like substance), and hauling messy/damaging things. No dings shall appear on my Prius, nor shall messy things touch the interior (ie, bags of cement: dust!!). Ding, spill, or otherwise mess up my Prius and die. My car, my rules. Observe them that you may be spared the horror of The Short Curse (you know you're afraid) and the humiliation of being run over by my RC Mini Cooper of DOOM. Fear.

15. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This is the future of The Beast a 1999 Ford Explorer, who will be living in a tent in the turnaround, Belle will be in the garage, like the sweet young thing she is". Beauty and the Beast. My daughter covets the Mini Cooper of Doom and at the rate she is advancing she will be driving it sooner than later " may the lord have Mercy on the souls of the drivers in Columbus" It is good to see your children doing well. P.S. I drove a Mini in college in 65 that thing cornered like it was on rails. It was beautiful. " A thing to behold and a joy to behold forever" if the new Mini is half as good as the original it is a total kick. It will never measure up to my buds Sunbeam Tiger. God that was a car. For those who do not know imagine a MGB with a Ford 289 under the hood. The only car I really covet and could catch scratch in all four gears. I afraid my testerone is showing ( and after all these years). As you can see I have "feelings" about that car. Of course there is the SAAB Grand Tresimo 850 freewheeling, 850cc 2 cycle engine, oil injection, hatchback, fold down rear seats, FWD. That was also a great car. Undefeated on the drag strip. We took it to the local drag strip and none of the locals could wait long enough to start!! We beat vets, GTOs god what a trip. A Fiat 850 challenged us once but that 4 cycle was no match for the 2 cycle SAAB. Those were the days. Belle will take over for the Beast, Van 'ont go, , Oscar, Heathcliff, Beorn. Thanks for the memories.

16. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OMG, Beast is what I named my Blazer!! It was in such beastly shape when I bought it after my previous car was totalled while stopped at a red light (semis and K-cars don't mix... I really wish he'd been watching the road instead of playing with his radio). I love your Beauty and the Beast theme there. :)

I highly concidered a real Mini Cooper, but alas I don't know how to drive stick (everybody I know has an automatic, or I can't see over the dash in their manual car). I would soooo get the John Cooper Works package added onto the Cooper S. Damn, what a car! :love:

Oooh, you've got me drooling reading about that Sunbeam Tiger, and that SAAB Grand Tresimo 850. What I wouldn't give to see it go down the drag strip (or even better, to take it down the strip myself).

17. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Those were the days! My misspent youth in Hilldale, Michigan. Heithcliff was a Fiat 124 spider. Another great ride. Things change and we move on, but don't forget. I wish I still had some of those cars in to drive from time to time. That old two cycle SAAB was a a real stink pot and even a diesel is probably less pouting but it had many innovations that are "standard" in the Prius. I remember the sound it made. Very distinctive ring-a dinga-dinga. My roommate who owned it and I once pulled the engine and carried up to our living room to work on it in the middle of the Michigan winter. No hoist just the two of us and a friend carrying it to our room and back.

18. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wow, most impressive. I'd be shot if I did that (or squished under the weight of it). Why couldn't I have had some spiffy cars like these when I was growing up? *sigh* Oh well, gimme a Prius and I'll stop complaining about wasted youth. LOL.