1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who is the most competent person in the Bush administration?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by huskers, Apr 30, 2007.

1. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I vote Barney (the White House dog). :blink:

Make that (who) not Whi!!!

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd like to add to the list.
    No, really. I would.

3. danoday

danoday Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Apr 30 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]432803[/snapback]</div>
    I've heard that Bill Yosses is excellent. He's been considered one of the most competent staff.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...jpg-1-515h.html

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Apr 30 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]432803[/snapback]</div>
    What's the difference between barney and Gdubya?

One's a butt sniffing, sh!t licking, leg humping, primative, four-legged mongrel.

The other one is a dog.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is this like asking who is the most virtuous in the whorehouse? "Competent" and "Bush administration" don't sound right in the same sentence.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If you're talking about CURRENTLY...umm...still thinking...

If you're talking about the past, I still really respect Colin Powell, and found him competent.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Apr 30 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]432919[/snapback]</div>
    Prostitutes get a bad rap because our prudish religion-infested society regards sex as dirty, and selling sex as sinful. Prostitutes as a class are no less virtuous than any other class of people. They range from saintly to criminal, and all shades in between. Personally, I think that the most dishonest prostitute is a saint compared to 99% of politicians.

As for competence in the Bush administration, there are plenty of people there who are extremely competent. They successfully rigged two elections without being thrown in jail; they convinced the nation to go to war against the wrong country; they have managed to overturn civil liberties and provide government funding to religious institutions; they have diverted public attention away from the deepening poverty of the nation and convinced people that "family" excludes same-sex couples.

They have shown tremendous competence in the skill with which they continue to shaft the nation and enrich themselves.

8. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Apr 30 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]432941[/snapback]</div>
    Which meant, of course, that guys like Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of the neocon rabble derided and undercut Powell at every opportunity, while NSA advisor Rice stood idly by and watched. Shortly after he was given the presidency, when asked what his opinion of Powell was, Bush himself supposedly said, "Well, he's a diplomat, and you've got to have diplomats at the State Department...".

Clearly, any individual with a high degree of competency and reason was never exactly welcome in the Bush administration from the highest levels. It's too bad Powell sold his integrity out at the UN. Imagine what might have been had he resigned rather than go along with the charade. I wonder if he sleeps well at night knowing the critical part he played in validating the entire Iraq fiasco.

Likewise, maybe if Rice had done her job and not allowed Cheney and Rumsfeld to run roughshod over the entire administration (Bush certainly didn't have a clue as to what was going on), things might have turned out differently, as well.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Apr 30 2007, 05:11 PM) [snapback]432803[/snapback]</div>

It might have *been* Barney but it's probably Miss Beazley now.

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Karl Rove. He's very, very competent at leaving a trail of slime wherever he oozes.

11. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Hopefully in the next couple years this board software gets an awesome search ability upgrade so that in the post Bush watch when the new plan is in place and the US is looking back on 'when we were standing strong in the face of terrorism', that it will be easy to find this crap and bring it back around for review.

Until then, enjoy your day because your bus/train/building probably won't blow up and kill you today.

Forecasting a 2010 news headline

President Obama invites Osama Bin Laden to the Camp David for negotiations

12. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

For the sake of the future of the US and the world, I hope the most competent person in the Bush administration is one of the interns.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ May 1 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]433155[/snapback]</div>
    i think you are off a little - I hear nancy pelosi has sent out feelers to meet with him already - he was taken aback by having to share the spotlight with Assad when pelosit was in syria so he declined initially - they are now looking for a convenient time - sometime after the defeated US troops leave iraq i hear.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lowlander @ May 1 2007, 09:32 AM) [snapback]433162[/snapback]</div>
    just like the clinton white house - the only difference is that the bush white house interns are not required to work on their knees :lol:

14. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 1 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]433169[/snapback]</div>
    No, they just do like the rest of the nation has the past 6 years - bend over and grab their ankles!