1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who owns the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pkhoury, Nov 6, 2007.

?
  1. Fuel Economy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gas Savings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Help the Environment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Impress your neighbors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Impress your spouse/significant other

100.0%
  6. The first 3 reasons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pkhoury

pkhoury Proud TDI owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I think I'm starting to like these polls. Personally, I'm curious who owns a Prius that's under 30. So far, I only know myself, another friend from this list, and apparently the list owner is exactly 2 months older.

I think somehow we need to educate our generation so they make choices that affect them further into adulthood (such as that SUV's are EVIL!)

Paul

2. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pkhoury @ Nov 6 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]535546[/snapback]</div>
    Your poll needs a "none of the above". I'll mark fuel economy, for lack of anything more accurate, just so I can get my demographics into your poll.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Nov 6 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]535553[/snapback]</div>
    By the way, what's the difference between "Fuel Economy" and "Gas Savings"?

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Keep in mind that this poll only receives responses from Prius owners who frequent PriusChat. For that reason, the demographics might not represent the entire population.

Other than that, I chose the age group from when I bought it rather than where I am now.

Well done poll too.

4. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I bought mine when I was 27 (now 28); I see many young(er) people around Indy rolling in Prius'.

5. pkhoury

pkhoury Proud TDI owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 6 2007, 10:21 AM) [snapback]535609[/snapback]</div>
    Of course, and then there's the margin of error, etc.

Which I should have clarified a little better, since I will be 28 soon, and that would put me in a different category than the 23-27 category.

Thanks. Plus I'm curious, at least as far as the list goes, who has one. Here in Pasadena and the surrounding areas, there seems to be those 50 and over who have the first gen car (although one person at my college has a first gen), and a lot of the people who have the newer HSD's seem to be 30-45.

Paul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Nov 6 2007, 09:13 AM) [snapback]535553[/snapback]</div>
    Heh, looks like I was redundant here. Fuel Economy, meaning you get more mileage per gallon of gas, and Gas Savings meaning you can laugh in the face of your friend who just bought a 2007 Hummer. :-p
    Obviously, I wasn't thinking when I put those two down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Nov 6 2007, 09:13 AM) [snapback]535553[/snapback]</div>
    Heh, looks like I was redundant here. Fuel Economy, meaning you get more mileage per gallon of gas, and Gas Savings meaning you can laugh in the face of your friend who just bought a 2007 Hummer. :-p

6. skguh

skguh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Uh. If you look Here you can get some demos, too...

7. pkhoury

pkhoury Proud TDI owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

8. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just attended a Clean Air Conference (This is in the Great Central Valley, with some of the worst air quality in the US). I ended up demonstrating my Prius (opening the rear to see the NimH battery and the front to show the two power plants). I maintain a spreadsheet of fuel use. One reaction to the spreadsheet was, "Who are you doing this for?"

I am amazed, even among those who are well educated and well informed, who know nothing about hybrids, including standard features such as no idling, no smog checks, interior capacity, etc.

9. pkhoury

pkhoury Proud TDI owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skruse @ Nov 6 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]535658[/snapback]</div>
    That makes two of us with a spreadsheet. It shows average time of day to fill up (appears to be around 4pm, but I'm hearing it's better to fill up when it's cooler and the gas is more dense), average price, average fillup in gallons, average mileage, average distances filled between fillup, etc.

And what made me laugh the other day, is I went to grab something from a storage locker. I put the car in EV mode, grabbed what I needed, and someone at the unit next to mine exclaimed "Holy ****, is the engine on?" I shouted "It's electric" and saw his jaw drop. It's moments like that that also make demonstrations like that (and buying the EV mod) worth it.

Paul

10. Prius101

Prius101 Paid off Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wish you had put in a category for those of us who bought it (at least partially) for the technology. I, at least, was persuaded by the high tech feel, although the price of gas convinced me over a year before my husband finally got convinced! :p

11. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sorry, can't answer, there's no "I'm a Geek" or NOTA options for purchase reason.

12. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm in the over 60 crowd & a woman, and I'll admit that I like the way the Prius looks & it does a make a statement to people - one of the reasons I didn't buy the Civic Hybrid is that it looked just like a Civic. And since gas went up 20 cents a gallon in the last 2 days, I'm sure happy about the fuel economy.

I know that one person cannot make a huge difference to the environment, but I am proud to try to do my part.

13. harrv

harrv Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pkhoury @ Nov 6 2007, 09:54 AM) [snapback]535546[/snapback]</div>
    If that's what you really wanted to know, you might have crafted the choices more carefully. For those who answer in the 28-35 range, you won't really know if they're younger than 30, right?

I ditto the people who bought it for the tech (none of the above).

14. pkhoury

pkhoury Proud TDI owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(harrv @ Nov 6 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]535735[/snapback]</div>
    Ha, I might redo it then. Unfortunately, it wasn't very thought out.

15. pkhoury

pkhoury Proud TDI owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You might wish to check the other poll (too bad I can't delete this particular thread, or forward to the corrected one).