1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who replaces MFDs in SF CA?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rebec, Jul 1, 2010.

1. rebec

rebec New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope someone out there can help me. My 2006 Prius' (which I have owned for only a year) has a MFD that is failing. The touchscreen functions do not work at all. The only thing that happens is when I press energy it resets the miles. I can only access Climate, Audio, Info, (toggle between Energy and Consumption) from the steering wheel controls. Cannot access Telephone, Display or any of the Radio/CD Player sound controls (fade etc) at all. Brought it to Toyota and they said I need a new MFD for $2K! This unit has a back-up camera, premium JBL Sound (mp3), fake walnut case but no Nav. When it first started going a couple months ago I asked on the forum and someone pointed me to a place in San Francisco that replaced MFDs. Now I can't find the information. I have no warrantee. Anyone know what can be done? (I read the threads on the 2005s solder problem, but I'm not sure about pulling it out and sending it out somewhere.) The dealer suggested I try to get Toyota to do it on warrantee since so many of this model have this problem. But I called an 800 number and sat on hold for a decade and only got an form email. Any info would be appreciated. Beck in Sac.

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A