1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who to call, roadside assistance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by harper42, Jul 30, 2006.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

I know this is nothing a Toyota owner should be concerned about, nevertheless:

I do a lot of travelling out of state, with my music, an am wondering. If I'm on the highway out in the middle of nowhere and my car breaks down, who do I call? I have the '06 Prius, so I don't have Roadside Assistance. Is there a general Toyota number that can assist me in getting to the nearest Toyota Dealer? Or do I just call the local Tow Guy and go from there? I do not have AAA or anything like that. Just wondering about my best course of action.

2. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Jul 30 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]294567[/snapback]</div>
    I have an 06 package 2, and the Pocket Reference Guide says:

Complimentary Roadside Assistance for 3 years/36,000 miles. Ask your dealer for details.

Prius 24-Hour Roadside Assistance includes:

1. Towing for mechanical breakdown and jumpstart 12V battery only
    2. Toll-free number, 24hours 7 days a week
    3. Lockout protection
    4. Flat tire changes
    5. Fluid delivery
    6. Road hazard
    7. Concierge service
    8. Mechanical first aid

Toyota Prius Roadside Assistance
    1-877-304-6495

Peace --

--------------------

Marjorie in Kentucky.
    2006 red Prius #2, and loving it, but wishing I had the side air bags

3. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Jul 30 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]294578[/snapback]</div>
    I'm wondering if this applies to me. I have no pocked guide; and from the talk on the forum, Roadside Assistance is out on the 2006 model. I have the standard warranty, and I purchased an extended warranty.

4. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Jul 30 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]294667[/snapback]</div>
    I do not know -- I'm so paranoid about losing my little guide that I keep it hanging by its rubber band on one of the knobs.

Peace --

5. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think if you have the extended warranty it's definitely included. check your paperwork!

6. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Other threads have said the roadside assistance was discontinued for the '06s...some other obsessive can find 'em...

And PLEASE let me know if they are WRONG...I think one of the earlier threads seeking this info was MINE! :huh:

7. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Jul 30 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]294667[/snapback]</div>
    When and where did you receive your pocket reference guide? When I got my Prius, I received the little zippered case with my owners guide, etc. Beyond that, just a couple of envelopes of paperwork. I have not, however, received my title. It should be sent to me. Could it be that is when they might send me the pocket guide? Just wondering if I need to go back and talk to my salesman.

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Jul 31 2006, 01:48 PM) [snapback]295198[/snapback]</div>
    I hadn't even thought about that. Where the hell is my title?

9. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Jul 31 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]295198[/snapback]</div>
    The Pocket Reference Guide is a cool booklet which explains a lot in simple terms about how to use the Prius. When early '06 owners like me began to inquire about Roadside Assistance, the word went out from headquarters to pull these things from cars before delivery because somehow they got printed and into the system even though the decision had been made to discontinue Roadside Assistance for the '06. So later '06 owners didn't get this cool booklet. I asked Customer Service why it was discontinued. I was told that they no longer felt that it was needed to persuade people to take a chance on this new kind of car. After four years of waiting lists one could come to that conclusion, I guess.

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sl7vk @ Jul 31 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]295221[/snapback]</div>
    We wondered about that too...dh financed a "pre-owned" beemer in March..no title. We bought Pri in May and wrote check (on home equity...lower % than we could otherwise get). Title came for Pri mid July. Nothing for Beemer....something to do with lienholder vs not lienholder?

11. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

There is no RA for the 06 Prius...I started a thread on this and just added to another one. I am keeping Allstate Motor Club just for Towing.

The 877 here is the general one for TRAssistance....I picked up my car on July 17th ...my Pocket Reference Guide DOESN'T have it in there that I have RA....Toyota is still getting their act together on this one, since I made calls for a whole day...and only one person was sure that it was discontinued for the 06...I opened a case on this issue with Customer Experience Center.

Customer Experience Center felt that my dealer should have know this as should the people at 1800GoToyota....yet many said I have it and now I'm finding out that some of you have it in your pocket guide...I don't.

Very interesting.....

terri

12. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    pretty sure there was an announcement that roadside was being discontinued for 2006 as the Prius had passed reliability tests and the service was deemed unnecessary.

13. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

My dealer gave us a year of roadside assistance with our 2006 Prius. (Well, I guess "gave" isn't the right word when we're talking about buying a new car but you get my gist.)

14. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since there seems to be some confusion about roadside assistance for 06 models, I would suggest getting AAA.
    Besides the excellent automotive service, they offer numerous discounts on various things (including hotels/motels) -- which should interest you if you do a lot of traveling for your music.

15. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have an 06 and there is an 800 number on my driver side rear door window

16. wtfjr

wtfjr New Member

Our 2006 with the Toyota Guard, for FREE, does have Roadside Assistance along with the phone #.
    It says to call ----- my wife is out now with the car & there in is the phone number.

17. Stilview

Stilview New Member

18. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

They must have figured out all these things for the car I got...no info in warranties, none on car, none in the pocket guide...

AAA is what we used to have...my friend mentioned the hotel thing....we almost always get a better rate with AARP, or senior rate....now.

Thanks everyone...I think I will stick with Allstate....AAA becomes cheaper each year and I haven't had it for years....Allstate...I have had for a few years....and the coverage for towing I is up to $50 for Allstate.

terri

19. jong0726

jong0726 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  20. jong0726

jong0726 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    do check backgrounds when availing services. better be safe.