1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Whos a Ct prius owner?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stanleyjohn, Jul 13, 2006.

1. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just wondering who here in pc is from connecticut? Ive met one or two here on pc.I havent seen that many prius cars around here so far!maybe 2 a week at best.Where i work i believe im the only hybrid owner so far!(a few hundred work here).Some where i work have interest in the prius and may get one,while some others are still skeptacal about them.Waiting lists are plentyfull at the dealerships!so i know there are Ct prius owners being born every month.Hoping more locals will join in the fun of a great car.

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey there! New Haven, here.

I see several Prii a day down here, occationally even the mayor's (Yes. The mayor of New Haven drives a Prius). Let's see. I routinely see a Salsa Red, a Barcelona Red, a couple silvers (not counting my own) and a Driftwood Pearl. Occationally, I see a Seaside and even a Silver Pine Mica.

Yup. You're just in the wrong part of the state :p

3. Jim1eye

Jim1eye Shaklee Ind Distributor

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I'm in Naugatuck. There is another Black 05 around here, and a Driftwood Pearl. Yesterday I saw a blue 02 (I think) on Rt 84 in Hartford.
    So they're around.

4. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi Betelgeuse Welcome! The mayor ah!! Maybe thats why parking ive heard on the city streets is free to the prius owner. :lol:

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jul 13 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]285926[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure it didn't hurt. Oh! That reminds me! I have to go down and renew my "Free Parking" sticker. Quite a nice perk, I have to tell you.

Jim reminded me; I forgot to count the 2 or 3 Classic Prii that I see around here, too. And I forgot my next door neighbor has a White one. On any given day, I probably see 4 or 5 and I think there must be nearly 20 seperate ones that I've seen around here. We're swimming in them! :lol:

6. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cool! Maybe someday we can all get together at a Prius meet.Would be a nice thing to do. PS! hello Jim!

7. Jim1eye

Jim1eye Shaklee Ind Distributor

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Jul 13 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]285916[/snapback]</div>
    It occurs to me that I stopped a gent in a silver around Sept '05 in downtown New Haven and asked about the car when I was first looking. Over where Church becomes Whitney.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jul 13 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]285940[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Stan

8. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

It's funny... I work four days a week in Hartford, and don't see many... maybe 2 a week? But the fifth day I work in New Haven. There's a silver and a black that park in my parking garage (I parked next to the silver one last week. B) ) and I see 4 or 5 more at lunchtime on Whitney Ave. Last week I passed a white, a blue and a black within 50 feet of each other.

I think I'm the only one in my hometown to have one (smallish town, about 9500 people). I feel very cutting edge.... (HEE! :D )

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim1eye @ Jul 14 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]286341[/snapback]</div>
    Well, it couldn't have been me at that point. We didn't get ours until October. However, the mayor also drives a silver Prius. Did the plates say "NH1"? :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mary Anna @ Jul 26 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]292551[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah. They're really all over here. I'm just amazed at how many I see on a daily basis. How is good ol' Middlesex county? Before moving about 6 years ago, I lived in Middletown for a while. . . I thought I remembered seeing a few Prii on a trip I took up there a little while ago. . .

10. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

Yes... I saw one on Main Street in Middletown a week or so ago - I think Wesleyan/being a college town, there might be more than otherwise. I'm in Portland, and haven't seen any here, except passing through on 66. (and not even many of those!)

Off on my Prius hunt.... I mean, lunch hour. :D

11. Linny

Linny New Member

Hey Fellow CT Folks!

I too have seen more and more of us on the roads here. I travel mostly between New Haven and mid-Fairfield County. Plenty around but I still get excited and yell "Me see-us a Prius" everytime I see one (I stole that phrase from a fellow PC'r) and try to wave to the owner. There are 3 in my rather small neighborhood...my black one, a seaside and a silver. I love parking next to another one, usually at Trader Joe's!

I'm curious...how long was everyone's wait from order to delivery?

12. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

I got lucky... arranged financing 6/24, was driving my new red baby 7/1. If I'd gone with the one from Wallingford, would have been driving it 7/3, but they were too expensive. My parents, on vacation in Maine, found one at a dealer there, same package and color, $1800 less. I picked it up there the next day.

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We put down a deposit right after Katrina hit last September (a coincedence; we'd been looking for a while) and took delivery in mid-October. About 6 weeks from start to finish; certainly not bad. We didn't get our top color choice (hence, I'm jealous of you, Mary Anna), but have been very happy with it.

I didn't shop around as much as I would these days, but we sort of lucked out and managed to get our car at MSRP from Wallingford (there was no way we were paying above MSRP).

14. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    hello fellow ct prius owners! :) Here in haddam ct!i havent seen too many prius cars so far,maybe 2 or 3 a week.Where i work (around 300 employees),i have the only hybrid car in the lot.I get questions about my prius all the time.Most common question im asked is if it uses regular gas :lol: ! I say yes but less of it than a non hybrid.On my 3rd tank since i got my car and have just hit 50 mpg as an average :D .Mary Ann!! if the prius you saw in middletown last week was a Driftwood Pearl! it may of been mine,I stopped at home depot in middletown on my way home from work.I also got mine at wallingford,The quote mary ann got was high!for the package she wanted.I paid around $700 higher than msrp,mostly due to add-on package dealer added(pinstripes,scotchguard and window glazing).I hope to get some of those $$$ back with the free oil changes ill be getting.Take care all!

15. maknowlton

maknowlton New Member

Yep... it was a light color (little too far away to tell if it was Driftwood or silver). Glad you had a good experience with Wallingford... I'm still waiting for my $500 back from them. They refunded it the other day when I was there... but it hasn't shown up on my credit card yet. Oh, well... they said it takes a couple of days. Let me know how they are for the oil changes - I want to find a reliable place... I'm reading horror stories on here about putting too much oil in. :rolleyes:

16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Mary Anna & stanlwyjohn,

I've been to Wallingford for one oil change (at 6 months; we were still a bit under 5K miles at that point as we don't drive that much). I did ask them not to overfill, but only after the car had been taken into the service bay. For what it's worth, they didn't overfill the oil but, since I didn't ask them before they took the car in, I don't know if this is because they are always careful (i.e. regardless of the customer) or because I specifically asked them.

When I called, they *did* try to sell me the "5K Mile Maitenance Package," which included some BS service items (i.e. rear brake adjustment) for $80 or something (which was the price AFTER they discounted for the free oil change). Anyway, after asking them for "just" an oil change and tire rotation (i.e. what is in the service manual), they quickly offered a ~$25 option (again, this is the price even though the oil change is free). I still felt it was a little steep, but the experience was overall reasonable, so I'll probably head back there (at least until I decide to start doing my own oil changes).