1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's Got the Best Quality Carbon Fiber Dash Kit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BubbaVO, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BubbaVO

BubbaVO New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'd like to add some carbon fiber accents to the dash - over the vents/arm rests/cup holders/steering wheel/overhead sunglass holder. I'm looking for a kit with good protection over the fiber/strong adhesive/easy to apply/easy to maintain/etc.

As far as the look goes, I'm looking for a very dark kit that shows off the fiber's weave in a very subtle manner. I'm going for a high tech look, but not a race circuit look (I've seen carbon fiber in red and black/black and silver/yellow and black - very cool, but not my vision for this particular car).

Any input would be apprecated. :)

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it doesn't matter if you buy the "carbon fiber" or wood, it all looks like plastic garbage, people will laugh at you and your car will lose all its value.

although I wouldn't use it, the "aluminum" dash kit may be decent looking if you have the gray interior.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And your post is not very productive.

Edit: And the 06+ models have "aluminium trim" versus our "satin-finish trim".

4. DaveLadely

DaveLadely Junior Member

I am not sure that all the carbon fiber kits would look bad as long as they coordinated with the interior, especially the plastic dash area. I have gray/dark gray. I would like to cover the gloss black plastic areas of my 2007 Prius as they scratch way too easily, and then THOSE areas would look like "cheap plastic garbage"! I believe the overlays would prevent the deterioration of the shiny black plastic areas and would probably look better.
    cheers
    Dave

5. DaveLadely

DaveLadely Junior Member

Evidently no one knows! Sherwood has a good rep. Epoxy is the best coating for strength and surface hardness.
    dave

6. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd say Sherwood.

7. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    never saw any. be happy to see some pics tho!