1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

who's in charge here anyway? (warranty issue)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by aarons12, Jul 29, 2004.

1. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

Well, my touchscreen is still not any closer to being fixed. last week the customer relations manager of my dealer said that the toyota rep approved the repair as a one-time issue under the warranty. now over a week later, the dealer service rep says that the MANUFACTURER OF THE SCREEN is balking, saying that i probably broke it myself!

what a mess. when they finally do get it, i wonder if anybody at the dealer knows how to install it??

2. obiwan

obiwan New Member

Houston - West, near Westheimer and Beltway
    :roll: Sigh sounds like the old IBM errors on the IBM 360..

every one you would look up would start..
    "probable user error....."

only they almost never were.

3. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

i spoke to toyota customer service at the 800# and they called and confirmed with the dealer that the manufacturer of the part is the hold-up, so they are 'elevating me' to some priority team.

4. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

well, i might have a better answer as to who is in charge. yesterday they referred my case to a 'priority team' and today i got a call that my part was ordered and they will be keeping in touch...

maybe there is hope. kinda sick of not being able to operate any of my systems with no touch screen.