1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's named their Prius?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MNPrius, Nov 2, 2005.

1. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

I have never named a car and my current non-Prius vehicles are called "white car" and "green car" respectively (I'll leave it to you-all to figure out why! :p ). I have this urge to name my Prius but have no clue what to name it. That got me to wondering if anyone here does...

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I named mine Priapus.

3. Priapus

Priapus Alter Ego

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    He named me Priapus.

4. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

5. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

I guess the car name thread got lost. A friend named mine Christine after the book/movie. I need to watch it again. I can't remember it since I saw it in the 80's.

Maybe this can be yet another poll. Why Prius owners feel the need to name thier cars.

6. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

I thought it would be a fun poll too, but (1) I don't know how to do them and (2) there's been threads about too many polls :rolleyes: I think I want to name mine because I have such a connection to it! Recently in our paper there was an article about people and their cars and my best friend's car was in it. The second owner (male) kept the vanity plates (Vicki N) and started referring to his car as Vicki. It was a great trip down memory lane. I'm too frugal to get vanity plates and too old to name after me - but I need something. Driftwood Pearl car doesn't exactly trip off the tongue :lol:

7. jrohland

jrohland Guest

This is a long[ish] story. It started when I got my (then) 9 year old son a 1/10th scale Radio Control (RC) truck which he calls Truckee.

We put a sump pump in our basement which cycles on about every 30 seconds. Since it makes a small about of noise--somewhat randomly--it was given the name Pumpee.

We got a kitchen type trash can with an electric door on top. It has a sensor which detects your hand near the top and opens and closes the door for you. This trash can has a quirky personallity so it got the name Trashee.

The above establishes the naming patern to help explain the Prius' name.

When the Prius came home, Truckee went out to meet the new family member. Since Truckee is fully electric and the Prius is partially electric, they are not siblings. That makes the Prius a cousin. And, of course, the name was to be Presee--as in, to pre-see like, look ahead or see the future. So the Prius' name is Cousin Presee.

If you have children, this will be easier to understand.

jrohland and Cousin Presee in Northern Virginia, USA

8. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

I named my Prius. Never named a car before. It's a smart car, so it had to be female. And Lola just felt right.

9. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

i've always wondered why you named it Priapus =)

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

My wife named it SULE (Pronounced soo-lee) for super ultra low emissions. I even got a console cover pad with SULE embroidered on it.

My wifes convetible is red and she calls it red, the vanity plate is Rly Red (really red)

My van is just "the van"

11. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

Mine is called Pygmalion

12. Knueppel

Knueppel New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Our Prius is named "Olive Oil" (Tideland Pearl color) and my wife's Scion Xa is called "Opi"

Tom

13. Spunky

Spunky New Member

Husband, Dan, names stuff.

Wife: Spunky
    Sailboat: Closinuff
    Silver Passat: Fraulein (traded in for...)
    Honda Accord: Big Red
    Honda Civic: Kuruma (traded in for...)
    Prius: was The Jellybean, now Foxy

14. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. pennyprius

pennyprius New Member

Pennyprius, That's me!

16. arubinst

arubinst Junior Member

All my other cars have had names, usualy short and informal. For some reason, I don'f feel like giving my prius a name. At first, since this was my first car with a digital display and a screen, I thought I would call it "The Enterprise"... then, when I got used to it, I just started calling it "el bebé" (that's spanish for "the baby"), but just when I have the

Actually, what I like the most is to call it just simply "Prius". I think the name tells a lot about how modern and advanced this car is. At the same time, I think the word "Prius" sounds great...

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I don't even name my cats any more. For 20 years, every cat has been "kitty".
    And not one of them has complained.

If I were of a mind to name my car, since it's silver, I'd call it something like "hyo silver" Oops. :p

18. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If it refuses to run or leaves me stranded alongside the highway somewhere I'll most likely have some names for it. But, seriously, I think if I take good care of it it will take good care of me, as most of my cars have. I try not to anthropomorphize to much but with a machine such as the Prius it is a temptation, but so far no name.

I do have a name for my 13 year old Chevy pickup though. I call it Old Paint because the paint is falling off of it. I think maybe that's suppose to happen with old Chevy trucks though, at least a lot of them around here seem to have the same problem.

19. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I named mine "Blue Belle" after my cat Silver Belle (see avatar). She had to be euthanized a week after I got the Prius and the name is a tribute to her.

You can try to work with the color. It's Driftwood....hmmmm.

20. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I usually name my babies, and I do it on the basis that I take the first letter of the model name, like "P" for Prius.

SO- that makes my Prius the "Princess"- awefully femmine I know... but oh well- my friends teased me at first, but they have adjusted.