1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's the fairest of them all? (The 2010 Prius, Insight and Fusion Hybrid together)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by moner, Jun 23, 2009.

1. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So the Prius and I went for a drive through Stanley Park today and what did we find? Well, a 2010 Insight and a 2010 Fusion Hybrid! Naturally I had to take pictures from all the angles I could. :)
    The other 2 cars both had their Dealer price stickers on the windows so I'm thinking it must have been some kind of media thing?

Attached Files:

9 people like this.
  2. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    If it was a media thing, you certainly steal the show with your Prius !

3. Bica2go

Bica2go New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Your blue is beautiful!

This also could be the start of a joke: a prius, an insight and a fusion were in a parking lot together....

4. Bica2go

Bica2go New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  5. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the Pri easily won the contest. :cheer2:
    This moment made me very glad that I canceled my order on a black Insight-EX back in March and put my deposit down at Toyota. It sure has paid off! Another Honda, what was I thinking...

6. Lafferty

Lafferty Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What a cool moment. Thanks for sharing your pics.

I've been trying to park next to Insight in our parking garage at work so I could take a pic of the two together, but there hasn't been an open spot next to it.

I'd go nuts if I found the I2, Gen III, and Fusion together in a row.

7. gofast

gofast Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Take a guess which one we are going to say is the fairest of them all. I mean this is Not Ford chat

8. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is a great place to ask that question for an unbiased reply...

9. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For a variety of environmental, political, and national security reasons, I think the whole collection is more beautiful than any one by itself. This should be repeated in every city all over the continent.

10. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Meant as more of a rhetorical question; everyone is so literal around here. :D Wish I could have gotten a clear shot of the front ends. Too many shrubberies in the way!

Attached Files:

11. irondentist

irondentist New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    From the back, the Prius wins. From the front view, the Insight wins. The Prius just looks too narrow and too tall for my taste.

However, from the inside, the Ford Fusion Hybrid beats both by a country mile. Took a test drive with the Insight and the Prius, both rode rougher than the Fusion Hy with the Insight being worst. The seats on the Prius just plain sucks dirt. NO SIDE BOLSTER on your back or hind quarters. Very uncomfortable and I can see why one poster here is selling his Prius because of back problems from this car. The Fusion hugs your body in comfort like a high end luxu-sport car. And of course, the Ford Sync is the high standard in the industry right on on the dash board.

I know this is a Prius board and most are biased, but certainly you have to admit that the Prius' short coming is its interior comfort and amenities.

12. nineinchnail1024

nineinchnail1024 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I gotta say, as far as fit and finish goes, the fusion has the prius and insight blown out of the water. Still, I can't see the logic in paying $5,000 more for a car that gets 10mpg less. If the price were slightly lower and the mileage slightly higher, I'd definitely go for the fusion (or maybe even the milan hybrid).

13. PriusCrazy

PriusCrazy Blizzard Pearl for Me

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I didn't honestly give the Fusion a fair look when shopping, but it doesn't really fit with the Prius/Insight comparison. It would be more in the Camry class. The interior of the Insight seemed stripped down, at least the one we saw on the lot.

As far as "cool", the Prius wins hands down. Can't really comment on the Insight as my wife and I both thought the same thing when we went to look at one. "Ugly!". :) That's as far as we got with the Insight.

So, to answer your question:

"Over the seven jeweled hills, beyond the seventh fall, in the cottage of the Seven Dwarfs, dwells (Blizzard) Snow White, fairest of them all." ;)

14. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny, from the back I think I prefer the back end of the Insight over the Prius, especially with the Insight in black. The front end of the Prius does look a little odd, but I love it anyway. I agree that the Fusion has the highest quality inside and I think it would be a great car to recommend to my dad, however, I ruled the Fusion out because it's seats don't fold down and I need to haul some long gear at times. It's also just a bit too mature for my taste! :p The Insight was the car I was going to get originally but once I sat inside them both it was crystal clear which to buy. The price difference wasn't great enough for me to consider the Insight anymore.

15. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    A Prius, an Insight and a Fusion were in a parking lot together. The Insight said,

- Last week, I've been able to do 5.7 l/100 km during a trip with my owner !

"Not too bad" said the Prius. Then she replied "Last Monday, my Master and I did 3.5 l/100 km on our way home" !

"Wow" said the Insight, "very impressive" !

Then the Prius and the Insight looked at the Fusion and waited for her reply.

"Well" she said, "Yesterday my owner reached 2.5 l/100 km.

"No, that's impossible" ! said the Prius incredulously. "How can it be "?

"Well he had to walk home 30 km after drinking his bottle of Jack Daniels" !

1 person likes this.
  16. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Haha! FORD, Found On Road Dead. All in all the 3 of them are awesome machines, each with their own merits, and it was great to see them together out in the wild.

17. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the coolest part is how you smoothed right in between them and started taking shots while IMO stealing the show.. Good girl. :)

18. basspro

basspro New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I actually tested all three before making my purchasing decision. I also never own a Toyota, while I have owned a Honda (twice) and Ford (twice).
    The Fusion had a real nice interiol, but it was still typical American car designed, traditional and older. The exteriol was very nice and I like the look a lot, and the ride was quiet, and it had the best acceleration was the fastest. I also getting a great deal on the car with a -1000 off special coupon after the dealers best deal direct from Ford. But the killer was the fact that the back seat had no pass through at all.

The Honda Insight's best attribute was its exteriol styling and tight typical Honda ride. However, once I was sitting inside, it just felt like sitting in a subcompact car, where as both the Fusion and Pruis felt like a real midsize car.

Now that have driven my Prius for about two weeks, I am more and more impress with the car, from the ride, to the mileage (averaging about 52.6MPG on my current tank), to the size (I actually fitted a over size gas grill from Costco), to the fun of learning to drive for economy (coming from an Infiniti M35X). Overall just learning more and more to love about my Blue Ribbon Prius V with Nav.

19. GreenWithEnvy

GreenWithEnvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like the Insight 2 exterior, but know it's not large enough for my family. The new Prius isn't rounded enough for me, too harsh of lines IMO. But for fun and function, it wins.

20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome! Only in Vancouver will you find three brand new hybrids on the street within dasy of their launch.

I think a black Insight looks pretty good so yeah I'd say the front of an Insight wins. The Ford is close behind. But if you wanted a cool Prius, get the Touring. For me, I'd say "never judge a book by its cover". I know the merits of the Prius.