1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's Tired of Religious Threads?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by withersea, Feb 22, 2007.

?
  1. I hate them- It gives fanatical nutcases a forum to be heard.

25.9%
  2. Not me- I love them. It opens up rational debate and thought provoking conversations.

14.8%
  3. I like them, but Prius Chat is not the place for them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I dislike them and ignore them.

29.6%
  5. It's the only place anyone will tolerate my religious views.

3.7%
  6. I like to antagonize the religious right just for fun.

7.4%
  7. I like to antagonize the liberal left just for fun.

3.7%
  8. You're all going to hell.

14.8%
  1. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do religious threads really have a place on Prius Chat?

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't really seen all that many of them... But who would say political threads have a place here? Most of the time, they aren't even remotely related to the Prius, and yet they thrive.

So i say allow religious threads, let people have fun and enjoy them. I may not participate in them, but they in no way negatively effect my experience here.

2 people like this.
  3. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Feb 22 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]394506[/snapback]</div>
    They do if the thread is in Fred's House of Pancakes. If you don't like them don't read them. Live and let live folks.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Feb 22 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]394506[/snapback]</div>
    Thank God, yes they do :D

5. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jhinton @ Feb 22 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]394517[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you. It is interesting to see posters response to this.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    While they piss me off, I do enjoy them. It also lets me see firsthand the level of fundie craziness that is out there.

Throw in Mark Baird's descriptions of the rapture, and it's some great entertainment! :D

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jhinton @ Feb 22 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]394517[/snapback]</div>
    only if Fred himself is religious.

8. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Politics and religion always stir people up more than any other topic. I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing your opinion as long as it is done respectfully. And if someone disagrees with you, that should be done with respect as well. The problem comes in when you are attacked for your views. This just breeds anger. Sometimes in life, you just have to agree to disagree.

1 person likes this.
  9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i need an option that says something like

"they have expanded my horizons by exposing me to fanaticism at levels which i never thought possible."

:blink:

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Again Its FHOP! Thats the place for them and other tings not related to the Prius.... READ the FAQ at the FHOP main page.... [​IMG]

:rolleyes: :)

Other news to note; In FHOP we are a fine bunch of individuales. We may not see eye to eye on to many things. but we do look forward to the enlightening conversations, we all bring to the table no matter how mad we may get we are still drawn back to FHOP.... ;) :)

ENJOY!

11. Mirza

Mirza New Member

/\
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

What she said!

(Gah pg04 typed it out faster... skip one post!)

12. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I used to think Christians were obnoxious, always trying to convert people, proclaiming that if one does not follow their ways that that person shall perish and suffer for eternity in a pit of hell-fire. Completely disregarding anyone elses way of life, calling it "evil" or following "false Gods". The self-riteousness is considerably amazing.

I used to laugh as they spewed their venom regarding other religions. As I paid more attention, I realized it was not only other religions in which they had no tolerance for, but also other sects of Christianity. I was astounded by the level of anger and intolerance they had for people that weren't like them. It seemed as if the Christian wasn't completely demeaning towards the non-Christian, they had some sort of pity for them. Some sort of self-gratifying pity for the non-Christian.

I see Christians that are Pro-War (Republicans, I'm looking at you), who proclaim "GLASS PARKING LOT!" or "KILL THEM ALL!" when referring to those in the middle east. What amuses me, is that these Christians fail to realize that their savior, the Son of their God, is from that same land. The same color of skin, and probably even the same attire, as those people whom they have such contempt for.

Now I see Christians for what they are, not obnoxious, just regular people trying to be happy. While they may try to be Christ-like, they aren't truly divine or enlightenened, just regular people that make mistakes.

13. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 22 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]394590[/snapback]</div>
    This is how I see it too, only my belief is that most are truly coming from a good place. I really believe that they are trying to "save" people. I, too, have witnessed the contradictions with their faith and the support of war. For this, I have no explanation. I've posed the question, but receive no answer.

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 22 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]394590[/snapback]</div>
    Its funny but true, I used to think that all Liberals where wackos, but I have noticed its only a few that are really OUT THERE. You know the ones the Im better than you Liberal Democrats, that look down upon the republicans but also look down upon anyone that doesn't think the way they do, including their own party members... :huh: :rolleyes:

15. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't vote because I was looking for something like: They're okay when topical, but have been overdone lately.

Altho Galaxee's answer (post 9) would be a good contender for my vote as well.

16. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

There is a name change coming to Prius Chat on this line.

Soon Freds House of Pancakes will be Fred's House of Worship

:lol:

17. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 22 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]394590[/snapback]</div>
    Well said.

Not only is this topic overdone, but frequently many peg all Christians as being like The Church Lady, Ted Haggart, etc....what kind of welcome is that for Christians that don't fit that sterotype?

Genesis 1 has God commanding Man to be custodian of the Earth. That sounds like a "thou shalt be green" commandment to me. Yes, I see Hummers in church parking lots - I hope one day they get truly spiritual and see plundering the Earth is sin.

18. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Does the fact that so many Prius owners spend so much time and energy on things NOT related to the Prius mean that the Prius is unimportant or that the Prius is so good that it doesn't require our time and energy?

It seems like PriusChat is about "I got mine!", an occasional question, an occasional accident, and whole bunch of flaming (maybe a little oversimplfied).

Like we are going to change it by asking the question!

It is a free forum and Danny is the Decider.

It is the posts by people who know more about the car than I do that keep me coming back. They give me a chance to learn something which I came to this forum to get.

19. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Feb 22 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]394673[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. :D

It also says in Revelations that men who destroy the earth shall be destroyed by God.

The Bible is a great book, lots of stories that you can apply to your everyday life that helps many people get through the trials and tribulations of being a human.

I've read it through and through... and I'm a Buddhist!

20. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Feb 22 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]394540[/snapback]</div>
    I think everyone can agree with that statement.

I'm just not sure if you are saying, “religious fanaticism†or “rabid anti-religious fanaticism.â€

Either way, I AGREE!

So, who starts the most religious threads? :mellow:
    ~ eyes wide open regarding the fanaticism thing ~ :blink: