1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's worse, Bush or Benedict

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by RinMI, Jul 10, 2007.

1. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    In light of the Vatican's latest release declaring that the Catholic church is the only true church my question is this? Who is worse, George W or Pope Benedict? PErhaps there could be a celebrity death match between the two ...?

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RinMI @ Jul 10 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]476226[/snapback]</div>

So, according to Benedict if I'm not a Catholic I'm a heathen? Well, I don't need the church doing my thinking for me and then telling me what I believe. I'm a real believer in free will. And I have brains and know how to use them.

Funny, but isn't this exactly what people feared would happen if Benedict was elected Pope? I'm surprised he doesn't get behind Bush's war since it will kill so many infidels.

3. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It made me sad to see this. After JPII made strides towards working with those who weren't Catholic...now back to this.

It's great to believe that your way is the ONLY true way. But in reality, you have no more or less proof than anyone else that your way is the truth. Everyone's holy book says the same thing - be good to one another, and this book is true. So if you believe your way is the one and only, you follow it - but don't bother telling me how wrong MY way is, because I have just as much reason to believe my way as you do to believe yours.

I'm glad to see the Orthodox church is officially "defective." Since it's the Catholics who splintered off way back, it sounds to me like maybe they're the ones with the defect!

Is it so hard to fathom that maybe...just maybe...there is more than one route to the divine? That the message that worked with one group maybe isn't the right message for another group?

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RinMI @ Jul 10 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]476226[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GREAT I almost invisioned it. :lol: :lol:

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

This really screws things up.

Now it turns out it's the pope that's right and both TJ and I are wrong.

Doh!! :lol:

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RinMI @ Jul 10 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]476226[/snapback]</div>
    I like how you framed this question. Why is it necessary to believe that either one of them is bad at all - or is that your personal bias coming through? Perhaps, it is you that is worse - and you could be in that death match?

7. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Which is worse... that when i saw the topic i thought of Benedict Arnold and not the pope, or that i was really torn as to which was actually worse?

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Pope's got the cooler ride.

I mean, the POPEMOBILE!! Come ON!!!
    :)

Only thing more bitchin' would be to see the Pope in the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile.

"the P-O-P-E has a way, with B-O-L-O-G-N-A..."
    ---------

I, too thought immediately of Benedict Arnold...at least there's 'eggs benedict' and not 'eggs bush.'

9. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pyccku @ Jul 10 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]476242[/snapback]</div>

More info please, where did you get the defective wording? I read a piece that said Ortho Christians just need to recognize pope primacy.

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pyccku @ Jul 10 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]476242[/snapback]</div>
    Heathen! If you float, you're a witch.

Yeh...any post-schism Christian church is really a cult.

A human...the Pope...infallible? Uh uh, sure, whatever...

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jul 10 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]476295[/snapback]</div>
    I thought of Benedict Arnold too.

12. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The defective part has been in a few different articles, including the AP feed that many sources are using:

"The document said that Orthodox churches were indeed "churches" because they have apostolic succession and enjoyed "many elements of sanctification and of truth." But it said they do not recognize the primacy of the pope - a defect, or a "wound" that harmed them, it said. "

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bulletin: The Pope asserts the primacy of his church...based on his own infallibility.

It's a leap of faith, I guess.

14. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jul 10 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]476277[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one, Daron.

15. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jul 10 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]476340[/snapback]</div>
    I thought it was going to be a vote between Bush & Benedict Arnold. I was going to vote for Bush.

By the way, everyone knows that if she weighs the same as a duck then she's made of wood and therefore A WITCH! Then we burn her. :D

16. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Jul 10 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]476497[/snapback]</div>
    Uh huh.

:huh:

17. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "I like how you framed this question. Why is it necessary to believe that either one of them is bad at all - or is that your personal bias coming through? Perhaps, it is you that is worse - and you could be in that death match?"

The question was framed in that manner due to the overwhelming sentiment towards our current President who seems bent on taking the ship down with him and a recently elected pope that seems bent on reestablishing the strict lines of demarcation between the Roman Catholic church and all other faiths (comments against Muslims and Jews) and denominations (Lutheran, Methodist, the Orthodox churches, et al.). Both men seem bent on forcing their own ideals on a population that does not embrace those views.

I would not wish death on anyone, I just thought that in a celebrity death match (which is a preposterous thing to begin with), we could see the pope mobile v. Air Force One or the US military (in its scaled down Rumsfeld version form of course) v. the Vatican guards.

Finally, it was meant to be funny.

18. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think the people who did these things are worse than either of the choices!
    [attachmentid=9628]
    [attachmentid=9629]
    The previous post sums up how I also think you wanted to frame the question.

Our true enemies are not the two you have listed, and in all honesty, not focusing on our true enemies will only allow Bush and others to continue to take actions which you disagree with and could strip us of our lilberty!

Attached Files:

19. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Automobile manufacturers are currently competing for the honor of building the next Popemobile.

Mercedes-Benz is the traditional favorite, but the Pope has indicated that he'd like something a bit more sporty...

[attachmentid=9630]

Attached Files:

20. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Jul 11 2007, 07:52 PM) [snapback]477210[/snapback]</div>
    The fundamentalism of Bush and Benedict only feeds the fundamentalism of islamic extremists.

Bush didn't start a war against "our true enemies". And I'm not going to waste *my* breath rehashing that as it's been said and you ignored it then and there's no reason to believe you won't continue to ignore it.

You have that in common with B & B. You don't let facts get in the way of your beliefs.