1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Who's YOUR God?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by airportkid, Mar 6, 2007.

?
  1. Atheist: No such thing as “godâ€, by any definition.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Agnostic: Indeterminate. There’s no evidence for a “god’s†existence, but the concept canno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Deist: Creator deity: An amorphous, intelligent entity responsible for the architecture and genesi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Theist: Personal “godâ€: A being with eyes, hair, nose and all the external appearances of a lig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pragmatist: Flying Spaghetti Monster: A pasta entity that operates a beer volcano whose only advic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Out There: A race of aliens of superior intellect from another dimension who created the universe f

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Feet on the Ground: Gaia: The earth itself is a sentient entity, reacting to what mankind inflicts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Superman: Bill Merchant.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Polytheist: Multiple “godsâ€: Some combination of 2 thru 8 who co-exist by allocating the worklo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Contrarian: There IS a “godâ€, but I’ll have to define it myself as these 9 descriptions suck b

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The Darwin's God thread nearby got this poll fired up: it's time to find out, if "god" is out there, what IS he, or isn't he? According to Prius owners, anyway - the one group whose collective opinion has synergy going for it, if nothing else ----

I didn't know how to set up a combo-poll: belief AND political leaning (right, center or left), so this'll just tote up belief. You can register how you believe and your political leaning in your post.

Me - I'm a strong #1 and a flaming, unapologetic, extremist humanitarian.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    And separating the women from the...umm...choir girls does NOT sound right! :)

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I couldn't VOTE..

I see you didnt post what christians believe in as GOD. The above listing is simler but not correct, our god has worked miracles and is not indefferent to mankind. So the above would be flawed. :rolleyes:

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 6 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]401341[/snapback]</div>
    Got evidence?

I am sure you have a common belief the sense that extremists thought the same thing on 9-11.

5. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I voted for Contrarian. I'm somewhere between Agnostic, Deist, Pragmatist, and Bill Merchant. I guess I'm closest to agnostic, but the contrarian option was so pleasing.

6. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm somewhere between a Deist and Out there, with a touch of Pragmatist as long as Summer Ale is on the shelves. I'm not opposed to the concept of a higher, or even much higher power provided that it's...err, they're?...place in the universe is explainable somewhere in the realm of science. However that's an easy criterion for me, as I think it would be incredibly arrogant to assume that what we understand as "science" comes even close to understanding what is actually going on in what we understand to be the universe. We do our best to understand our experiences, but what's to say my experience has any bearing on reality? What does "reality" even mean? Is there even such a thing? Would my drunken watchmaker spaghetti god be able to explain it or would my head explode?

If forced to choose one entity, I think I would select the universe itself as my god. It's the only thing I can say for certain is responsible for putting my atoms together in such a way as they are. What category does that put me in...Gaia to the power of infinity? I think I'll just click Contrarian three times.

7. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Poll Question")</div>
    Wouln't you prefer greater credibility by attempting to phrase the question neutrally? Fair-haired/skinned people are rare outside of Europe. The Middle East is outside of Europe.

Nonetheless, I selected this for my answer.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 6 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]401341[/snapback]</div>
    You're looking at the Deist description, which I know from your postings is not your category. However, he did include your god under the Theist category, though he was a bit facetious about the hair and the nose and all that.

Go back and read the choices. You'll be able to vote if you can forgive the whimsical physical description.

9. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Fact remains, a George Gallup poll would try much harder to be even-handed.

I've done a lot of them at GreenHybrid and want to redo the questions 80% of the time (hybrid/enviro questions)

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 6 2007, 05:52 PM) [snapback]401311[/snapback]</div>
    Here we go again. . .

I didn't vote BTW. Your choices reveal your bigotry and hate.

Wildkow

11. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This thread is going nowhere quick...

:)

12. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What? No choice for J.R. "Bob" Dobbs?

13. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'd like the Bill Merchant variation, but I can't go for the synergy symbol on the forehead. Too Stargate-1 for me... and it doe NOTHING for my eyes. :p

14. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 6 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]401383[/snapback]</div>
    Sub Genius, all the way! :lol:

15. Mirza

Mirza New Member

I put Atheist: No such thing as "god", by any definition.... but I can't rationally say or know quite enough to say that to an absolute 100%... I'd put it at 99.9%. I've read some of Richard Dawkin's works (author of God Delusion)... you can pretty much say that as the most logical take on the universe... but not at the absolute level (in terms of the 'rules of logic,' if you will). As has been said before, absence of evidence does not mean nonexistence... but at the same time thought perceptions don't make reality 'any truer' as such.

16. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  17. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 7 2007, 08:28 AM) [snapback]401681[/snapback]</div>
    LOL I think they teach hypocracy in christian schools or community churches because it is all too common with religious folk. I loved that episode where the athiest woman went to live with the christian family for a time and she had to visit all the church functions and prayer meetings yet remained polite and thoughtful. When she made her religious hosts attend an atheist meeting the husband as a complete hypocritical nice person. lol

I voted agnostic but lean towards atheism. I would have chosen GAIA but you said "sentient" and that is not how it is described in the revised GAIA Theory. :)

18. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I answered atheist. WHile my definition might differ slighlty from that stated in the poll, I have discussed it ad nauseum in another thread!

19. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Mar 6 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]401348[/snapback]</div>
    Me too.

Just beacuse, I am.

20. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I voted atheist, surprise, surprise. But I really like Lovelock's Gaia hypothesis, and don't see it as either sentient or powerless.