1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why are color choices so weak in the 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by msteglich, Dec 22, 2010.

1. msteglich

msteglich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am holding out for the 2011s but the only gossip is that nothing will change in the exterior colors. We have been disappointed in the choices plus not having the bisque interior available with the black or silver exterior colors.
    Why such drab colors compared to other Toyota models???:(

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Bisque is now available with Black for 2011.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What color(s) would you like to see on the Prius?

4. mainerinexile

mainerinexile No longer in exile!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Plain white would be nice. That said, silver is growing on us ;)

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Plain white is available on the Prius I (if you can get the fleet to sell one to you).

OP wanted Bisque with black or silver, which are pretty common colors. But I think Bisque (or any tan color for that matter) looks terrible with silver. Silver goes best with bold colors like red, burgundy and blue.

7. Seamaster

Seamaster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    "Plain" white is available on all Prius grades to retail customers in Europe.

8. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'd like a nice green, since it is a "green" car, after all !

9. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I have to agree. They got rid of the green, of course, and the dark blue is well, not much different than black - so why have it? I like that Mazda turquoise, and the seaside pearl (light blue). Since my seaside pearl car was totalled, I invariably notice any seaside pearl 2nd Gen Prius going by with admiration at how that car looks....

10. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Emerald or spring green with a tan interior is what I would have picked.

11. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I've said it before. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love my Red; tried to get the black. My paint complaint is the poor quality, but let's not get started on that topic again.

Happy Motoring,

Tom

12. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Toyota in general has pretty weak colors. They've gotten better at Lexus, but thats a recent improvement. My old Lexus was a color called Black Garnet Pearl that was a deep burgundy that looked black until the sun hit it and then it had a lot of burgundy flake. My new one is called Truffle Mica, and its a grey with gold, purple & brown metallic flake in it that is very sharp and unique.

Lexus has a color called "Peridot Mica" that is a green with deep metallic flake that is pretty sharp. I think it comes on some Toyota models too (think I've seen it on the Camry), don't know why that hasn't made it to the Prius.

13. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Seaside Pearl ... ewww, not light, not dark, it's powder blue, it drew much ire and was the butt of a joke played everywhere on youtube.
    It's 'ok' when perfectly clean in certain light, but on the road, any dirt on it, forget it, no like.

Silver is pretty nice on the 3rdG, but the 15" wheels covered blend in and bring the car to its knees. But hey, you can spend $5k more and get the 17's/V.

If it came to it, probably go Winter Grey

14. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    sandy beach is smokin LOL

I was hoping for a light green color too, but hey gotta live with whatcha have

15. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Fewer colors= lower costs (if not prices!). "You can get your Model T in any color as long as it is black!"

All of the auto makers are cutting back on exterior choices (they already did it on interiors years ago). I miss the red interiors in my old 81 Pontiac and 90 Cadillac. I love the turquoise interior in my turquoise 63 Pontiac. Diversity is a good thing, except for business.

16. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    But you've criticized it for having no sparkle.

17. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You're dissing my all time favorite color on a Prius. I LOVED and still miss the powder blue on my 2004. I kind of liked that Royal blue they used for a couple of years. I hate Toyota's Barcelona red and salsa red, and the boring navy blue they are using now. I agree the Gen III doesn't look bad in silver. The white pearl is kind of elegant, but still white. I got the sandy beach just because everything else was so boring or awful. Even Sandy Beach is kind of odd. They should be using a much deeper, richer tone base color than what they use.

18. Ted in Olympia

Ted in Olympia New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    One of my neighbors has a green Prius with a green house and when the car sits in the driveway it makes a wonderful site. I was a bit disappointed that green was no longer offered.

Another color you never see anymore (on any car) is dark brown. If you see a car from the 70's with dark brown they still almost look new, this color holds up very well.

I do like the tan on the new Toyota but I have only seen one driving around and none on dealer's lots.

TED

19. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The colors are chosen based on research that shows what people don't want in a prius. Helps minimize objections for shoppers. Car-equipment-color. Once someone decides on the first two -- then having colors that offend the senses of most buyers makes selling easier.

20. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The color choices are almost all BLAH. I picked red because it had the most pizazz out of all the colors available in 08, I don't even like red all that much.

I'd like to see blues, greens, burgundy, heck, maybe even yellow! Just give us something that doesn't remind me of a washer/dryer set. And give me more choices, or drop some of the boring colors like Honda silver. I swear every third Honda produced is silver ;-)