1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why are there so much blank space in my posts?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by kdmorse, Apr 10, 2006.

1. kdmorse

kdmorse Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I see no blank space below the text in this post. I see no blank space above my signature in My Controls. Yet there is always a large amount of space between the end of my post, and the beginning of my sig. (Let's see if this post does it as well...)

Edit: Ok.. it didn't happen in this post. But it did happen in my posts in this thread, especially the second two:

http://priuschat.com/Accident-sigh-t18166.html

-Ken

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It looks like it's a problem that's been reported concerning the WYSIWYG editor. One "return" is being treated as 2 for some reason. I'm checking to see if there's a fix for it but haven't seen anything yet.

3. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    When you are replying, make sure there are no extra newlines (returns) anywhere in your post. Just test replying to your post you linked I see a lot of newlines in that post. Key the cursor down as far as it will go and then delete your way up.

Of course, the WYSIWYG editor should just remove any extra whitespace, but it's not that smart. Also, most posts have a minimum space it takes up due to the user/profile sidebar on the left, so Danny's post above is still filled with empty space.