1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why Bush Won't Fix the Gas Price Problem

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, May 10, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

"It's not that complicated. The President is a Texas oilman. His father is a Texas oilman. His vice president is an oilman who shoots Texas lawyers. All the rich people he knows, his father knows and Dick Cheney knows have 30 weight running through their veins. All the people who gave him money that put him in the White House are oilmen."- Will Durst

entire article at:
    http://alternet.org/columnists/story/35839/

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Do you have any clue how silly that sounds?

3. unruhly

unruhly New Member

I'm not in oil, but I take the side (same as GW) that the govt should not be involved in setting any price ceilings or tax breaks etc. Simple rules of supply and demand are at work here. Nothing wrong with that unless there's a monopoly. If that's the case, we already have laws in place for that. The US as a whole is finally starting to think about energy futures. It's taken the price of gas reaching $3.00/gal to get us there. If that's what it takes then so be it.

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Will Durst IS a comedian!

5. andrewgs

andrewgs I Pity Da Foo!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why? Because fixed pricing worked so well in the '70s.

[​IMG]

6. prez1

prez1 New Member

Bush can't fix the gas price problem. Nor Clinton, nor the first Bush, etc.
    Take a good look at the traders who speculate in the oil market. Some estimates are that oil should really be around the $50 per barrel price.
    We seriously need to develop alternative power sources.
    We have a friend who rigged his diesel truck to run entirely on vegetable oil- not the biodiesel stuff made from McD grease that has to be cooked.
    Brazil runs their whole country on ethanol made from sugar cane, which I guess is easier and cheaper than making it from corn.