1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why do I argue with malorn?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JackDodge, Jan 26, 2006.

?
  1. I love to argue, even when it's pointless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm a Howard Stern fan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm a Rush Limbaugh fan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I believe in lost causes and I think that I can change him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. none of the above but I'll post my real reason after I phone my psychiatrist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I often watch in amazement as the goofball posts from the known troll rack up hundreds of replies and thousands of views. What IS your problem? It must be an entertainment thing but what possible satisfaction do you get from paying attention to him? It's obvious to some of us that if everyone put him on ignore and didn't give him attention that he'd dry up and blow away but noooooooo, you just keep on arguin'. C'mon, level with us, why do you keep itching a nasty little rash? :rolleyes:

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I think the problem is that newbies join and they reply to his posts and then we jump in too.
    JackDodge, remember when you started arguing with him? I was hoping at that point that everyone would just ignore him, but you didn't know about his first "Smoke and Mirrors" post, which eneded up being hundreds of pages in a few days.

I think maybe this should be in FAQs or board rules "Do not reply to Malorn", or first thing you see when you enter the site :D

3. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had thought about putting him on my ignore list, but eventually he would change his name and come back as "Forlorn" or "GMLover" and it would start again. I've been here 3 months and I'm coming to the point of just skipping his posts. Loved the movie "Sideways" though(his avatar)

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

it would be really hard not to recognize him with his retarded thinking

5. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Because to varying degrees most of you know that much of what I say is important, just as I agree and listen to much of what you collectively say. GM and Ford have made many mistakes over the last three decades for which they are paying a very heavy price. I do not have an issue with anyone on here that purchased their Prius to save fuel or reduce emissions. I do have a problem with folks on here that think that only Toyota can build fuel-efficient high quality vehicles, that Toyota is a 'green' company, that toyota participates in the US economy in only an ethical way, and that Toyota doesn't take advantage of their lack of labor unions, their lack of legacy costs, their protected home turf, and their well-planned comments that blanket the media. The issues in the last sentence are costing us all billions of dollars in lost GNP, lost tax revenue and ultimately a decrease in the US standard of living. It is not just Toyota or Japan for that matter, they are just the most visible example.

6. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know about most of those issues. You could be talking about any company in the world and that would apply except one. And that one is that GM makes high quality cars because they don't. I know you don't like CR but it is over a million points of data and any statistician will tell you you only need about 1000 data points to get a valid sample.

7. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If they sampled the general population I would not have a problem with CR, but they only sample subscribers.

8. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    This poll isn't really about the troll but the people who feed him. I'm not talking about people who argued with him and then got smart and ignored him, I'm talking about the ones who seem to do it with enthusiasm, continuously. Considering the lack of votes, it may be a guilty pleasure. Something akin to reading the supermarket tabloids. Of course, some people persist in bad habits even if those habits endanger their health so maybe it's a form of selfdestructive behavior or possibly madness. Whatever, I'm not going to spend any more time on this. My poll choices were humorous, if not sardonic. I was laughing when I typed them out (I still think they're funny as heck but I'm easily amused) so I'm not taking this too seriously. :D

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I don't think Maggieddd would be categorized as easily amused! :lol: Obviously by my choice of avatars I am, I start laughng out loud when I look at my avatar and think about Jack's wine-tasting with the bubble gum!

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

It's very simple:

everyone, whether they like to admit it or not, LOVES drama.

Period.

This crap is FAR better than the "What my dog ate last night" threads.

Plus, Malorn has some valid points, that really tend to tick off various "Yota-heads"...

I say, keep up the good work! I live for this!

B)

11. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yota-heads? :lol: you're a trip, Squid :lol:

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I reply to his posts not because he has valid points - he doesn't - but for endless humor and essential stress reduction. It's like going out for a brisk jog.

Plus, the folks of Asian descent at my office find his banter *so* cute, they're often smiling for the rest of the day.

13. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Or are they just agreeing with you so you won't send them back below the deck?

:ph34r:

14. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ouch!

15. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually we have plenty of healthy disagreement at the office. We figure it helps us achieve better CMM compliance. It also helps all of us remain civil, downright friendly even, after work.

And due to the healthy respect I have for other races and ethnicities, that respect is reciprocated when I travel through India and China

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Very sad to think that at one time, Americans used to segregate based on skin color.

16. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Would you just stop with the Americans are bad and Americans are racist crap. Who used a whole country as a slave nation for centuries. Have Americans done some things as a society that we collectivley wish we could take back, sure. But Americans dastardly deeds over the last 225 years pale in comparison to what has gone on in the rest of the world, and that includes Europe, the middle east and most cetainly the far east. Give it a rest.

17. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Calm down, Malorn. You're going to blow a fuse. All he said was "used to". Hell, even Canadians can be rude on a bad day. Don't take it personally. Your overreactions are amusing to some of us, but they're really not good for you. I mean this in a nice way: you need to recognise when your buttons are being pushed, and take a deep breath. Go for a walk in the woods or something...

18. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I haven't argued with him. Frankly, I don't see any point to it. I did reply to a post of his awhile ago with regards to Saturn vehicles, but then thought about it and deleted the post I'd written b/c it was quite pointless and waste of time anyhow. I've stayed out of the Smoke & Mirrors threads too...something about not wanting to feed the troll...:rolleyes:

I've also made wise use of the "ignore user" feature on the board. His arguments don't interest me. :D

19. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :) Yeah, it's like arguing with a dinosaur. Why bother?

20. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

I stopped arguing with Malorn a while back and have since limited it to a few small jabs here and there for entertainment.

Consider the source. He is a car salesman, and with that in mind, he is put in the came category as all bottom-feeders.