1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why does God NEVER answer the prayers of amputees?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Mar 15, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    People pray. Sometimes miracles happens, sometimes it doesn't. You get breast cancer, all your friends and family pray and tada! breast cancer gone. God answered your prayers. There are millions of untold examples where prayers were answered by God. Why doesn't God ever ever answer the prayers of amputees?

2. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why must you stab at people that believe differently than you?

Seriously.. You side with the Muslims Terrorists, you dis America, you make fun of Christians..

What is the intention of your post? Looks like bait to me.

3. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When did asking any question concerning faith become = you hate america, support terrorists???? <_<

The best response I ever heard to the original question:

God answers all prayers. Sometimes the answer is no.

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 15 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]406351[/snapback]</div>
    Why won't God answer the prayers of amputees. Any guesses?

5. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Mar 15 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]406355[/snapback]</div>
    You didn't see his other posts..

... Burritos.. your question sounds like the beginning of a joke.. seriously though.

"So, why doesn't God answer amputees prayers?"

"Because _______ _______ ______"

ba thump bump! (drums)

:lol:

6. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Mar 15 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]406355[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting. Any possible reason why it's always "no" for the amputees?

7. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What makes you assume that she NEVER answers their prayers?

PA P

8. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA Prius @ Mar 15 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]406375[/snapback]</div>
    Fair question. Let me rephrase. From a statistical point of view, most people with medical ailments who pray will pray for the resolution of ailment. I have no reason to believe amputees who pray(or friends of the amputees) wouldn't do otherwise. So I'm surmising that more than a few amputees or loved ones of amputees have prayed for their lost limbs to return. Is that unreasonable. Miracles are miracles. Why is that request denied 100% of the time?

9. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Are you trying to prove a point? Maybe that since it is impossible for a human to grow a limb back, but not to promptly recover from cancer - that it actually isn't an act of God but rather nature taking place?

10. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 15 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]406378[/snapback]</div>
    No. I want know how it's rationalized why God doesn't answer prayers for amputees. But I agree with you that it IS IMPOSSIBLE for a human to grow a limb back(at this time). But this detail should not be a barrier for someone who is omnipotent right? If she can create the world in 6 days, why not regrow a limb? Why is it insulting for non believers to question the rationality and logic of this inconsistencies?

11. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Mar 15 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]406382[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know buddy.. some people do get insulted when you question their faith.. probably just like you'd get insulted when they tell you YOU'RE wrong or that YOU will burn in hell..

Ya dig, superfly?

12. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 15 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]406389[/snapback]</div>
    It's not okay to as questions of people's faith? That sounds like the islamofascism you so fervently attack.

I don't get insulted cause I don't partake in that belief system. I'm trying to query more about that system though. Unless of course people of christian faith don't want any questions asked about it, which I highly doubt.

13. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Mar, 06:26 PM) [snapback]406346[/snapback]</div>
    I have read your earlier posts before and once thought of you as a genuine, sincere contributor to the various issues on Priuschat. Your above post has proven me wrong... I do, as I assume many others, find this post to be quite obscene and downright cruel regarding the fate of amputees. Why anyone would poke fun at amputees, especially since many of them who make the spotlight are our brave war injured soldiers, is beyond me. Perhaps you should spend your time in airports spitting on returning war injured soldiers; you will get you get your message across much more effectively than a simple post on Priuschat.

Although faith is an important to many people, it is realized by most people in faiths you cannot "pray" for outcomes. Much the same as you cannot expect to pray for your magic lottery numbers, scientific method has confirmed the same.

Rick
    #4 2006

14. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    burritos.. What makes you special as to that a Christian is obligated to explain and justify their faith to you?

If you don't believe in their system then why do you give a damn?

Thanks Viking, for being more eloquent than I at debunking the burrito.

15. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) GOD *ALWAYS* answers prayers. You might not want to accept the answer.

16. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 15 2007, 06:31 PM) [snapback]406351[/snapback]</div>
    Because god knows that christians don't have a sense of humor about their faith and he sends people like burritos to test you. If you don't learn from the tests, he sends you back in the next life as someone you hated the most in this one.

17. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 15 2007, 07:22 PM) [snapback]406417[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't it the job of christian to spread the gospel and enlighten even to those who don't want to be enlightened?

18. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    One possibility that nobody has come up with yet is "God is Imaginary". :rolleyes:

19. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Mar 15 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]406346[/snapback]</div>
    This is rank speculation. There are millions of incidents fully in conformance with the laws of nature that happen to coincide with someone's praying for that to happen, but that doesn't "prove" "god" did it.

If you pray for rain on Tuesday and it rains on Tuesday, was your prayer answered? Many people would say yes - but it was more likely happenstance. Keep in mind that while you prayed for rain on Tuesday, someone else prayed that it NOT rain on Tuesday. Now, one or the other is going to happen. If it rains, or not rains, was it "god" at work answering the more favored prayer? What probably happened on Tuesday was nature following its own course, without any "god" applying vice grips and giving nature a yank.

Even if you pray that an amputee regenerate a new limb in time for Tuesday's football game, and it HAPPENS, now would you have strong evidence that "god" exists and answers prayer? You'd have inescapable evidence that something biological happened outside the boundaries of our present knowledge, but most scientists would ask to study such a fortunate fellow to see what natural law so long eluded their notice, not drop to their knees and worship an unseen "god".

If you pray that the Pacific Ocean evaporate completely by Tuesday, and it DOES, even THEN scientists would look for some natural explanation FIRST before throwing up their hands and saying "god" did it, even though the likelihood that you were the ONLY person on the planet to have made such a prayer would be pretty high (but you'd be a fool to admit having done so because evaporating the entire Pacific Ocean would irritate quite a few people and they'd be likely to blame you without asking any further questions).

So far as I know, however, there have been no events anywhere that so much as raise science's eyebrow in terms of being explicable by our present body of knowledge, so the likelihood is awfully remote that perfectly ordinary events (like rain on Tuesday, or a spontaneous remission of cancer) were the result of an answered prayer.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Mar, 04:59 PM) [snapback]406405[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't see any cruelty or poking fun being done. At least not by burritos. It's a legitimate question.
    But people do it all the time. People pray for others' "recovery" and so forth. Are you saying that they know their prayers are empty? Because I don't get that feeling. It seems (to me anyway) that people believe they have a direct impact on what God will do about a situation as influenced by their prayers. Otherwise, why would they do it?