1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why everything's expensive in Dallas area?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by krytron, Feb 22, 2011.

1. krytron

krytron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am thinking about buying Prius II.

Here in Dallas area, every dealer I talked to wouldn't sell Prius at Edmund's TMV price or average price at Truecar.com :(

For 2011 Prius Two, the lowest price I was quoted was around $23500 (this is actually Truecar's target price for my zip code) with $25400 OTD. This is blizzard pearl though. And also pretty much all Prius come with too many options so it's very difficult to find one with minimal (hopefully none) options.

What I found from truecar.com is other states (e.g. Mass or Cali), the target price goes down by $1500-2000. I wonder why Texan dealers are selling these cars very expensively. I found the same thing for other makes like Hyundai...

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry to hear about that. Guess it has something to do with the hat size? ;)

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Go to Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney and ask for Randy O'Connel in Fleet. Tell him the guy with the Blue Prius from Southwest sent you. He is a straight shooter and "will" do you right.

1 person likes this.
  4. krelborne

krelborne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have you considered getting the 2010? It looks like your area offers 0% financing or $1000 off 2010s, and it looks like Toyota of Rockwall has a bunch of no-frills ones in stock or available in various colors. Even if you took the Prius II price off of their website and took $1000 off, you could still beat $23,500. Of course, you shouldn't do that, because you should be able to argue for a much better price than that.

5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have you looked out-of-state? It wouldn't cost you that much to drive back. ;)

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Some of it is the region. South East & Gulf States Toyota regions are notorious for additional markups & Port Installed Options. AAA members can use their buying program.

7. GBC_Texas_Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I hear you. I really blasted Toyota of Dallas on the follow up Toyota customer satisfaction survey. Okay, I agreed to pay the price, but they could have at least given me good service instead of lying to me about delivery. Over and over they would tell me what I wanted to hear and then give me a story about how the delivery was being pushed out.

Love the car, hated the experience of buying a Toyota in the Dallas area.

Like the idea of next time going out of state. Always like a road trip.