1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I like my local tire store

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dmckinstry, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Cheney is a fairly small town although not terribly small (~ 10k population). There are 3 stop lights on the main street spread over about 1 mile of distance.

This evening my wife took our grandson to a local pizza place, and I walked there from work to meet her.

The right rear tire (the original Integrety, which although the car has 45k miles on it has only about half that on the tires, as I use winter tires about half the time) was flat. She called AAA, but I decided to walk down to Les Schwab tires, since it was only a block away.

I got there about 6:45 p.m. (they close at 6:00 p.m.), but the manager and a couple of employees were still there. The manager let me in and I told him the problem. He filled an air tank and let me take it to the car. He said I could return it in the morning. Fortunately, I was able to fill the tire and drove it back to Les Schwab right away. We left the car there and walked home.

Anyway, that's the kind of service you can get from a local dealer that you can walk to.

They'll check to see if the tires need replacing. If they do, I'll probably replace them with some Michelin low rolling resistance tires, assuming I can find some that fit the stock 2005 wheels. Do the Energy™ MXV4® Plus tires fit the 2005 wheels? They don't stock Michelin, but said they can order them.

Dave M.