1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I love her...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rpiereck, Apr 12, 2008.

1. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My wife and I are moving from Korea to North California, and while I am already in California she is still in Korea and will meet me here in two months. One of the many things we have to do to get our life setup here is to buy a car because we don't own one in the US right now, and we're buying a Prius soon. In the meantime I am renting a car, and Budget rent-a-car gave me a Ford Focus when I asked for an economy car. I really hate this car, but that's another story. What happens is, I am driving a lot here, having to go many places doing the things I have to do, and I refueled the Focus twice in two days. My wife checks our bank statement daily on the net, and yesterday she called me and asked what was the $40-some charge she was seeing. I told her it was the price of refueling the Focus. So today she sees a $50-some charge (I refueled at a more expensive gas station), one more time she asked me what was the charge, and I told her I had to refuel the car again. She got a little surprised, and asked me why this car uses so much gas. I told her, "honey, last time we rented a Prius, that car uses less gas, but the rent is more expensive. I am renting this Focus because were trying to save money." She quickly replied "I don't care, just rent the damn Prius, it uses less gas, pollutes less and we like that car!" And that is another reason why I love her :love:

(for the record my wife is very thrifty and gets off on saving money and has managed to save 50% of my earning for the past year. She was an excellent find :D )

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL unless you move to San Francisco everything is more spread out here and it seems you have to drive everywhere or spend a couple extra hours trying to ride public transit. We have very poorly designed cities up here. :(

So what part of Norcal are you moving to?

3. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    San Jose area, I will be going to SJSU to finish my bachelor's.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!

You'll be right in the heart of bad traffic too. lol

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    All is good unless you decide to buy something that your wife disapproves of... :eek: Good luck with your move to San Jose.

6. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to California - :usa:
    I can not resist but place a plug to my 2006 Prius for sale: http://priuschat.com/forums/private-sales/45185-prius-06-pkg-8-sale.html

7. ryanj023

ryanj023 You Mad?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    congrats on a cool wifey. ;)

8. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks guys. As for the Prius, I am in the final process of purchasing a sweet Touring package 6, I loved the Spectra Blue Mica I drove, but the wife is adamant against that color... agh! She wants silver or that ugly elf puke green, so I am asking the dealership to look for a similar one in silver, which should not be hard here in North Cal as there are tons of Prius around...

I already tasted the San Jose traffic this week... took me 1 hour of traffic from Morgan Hill to hwy 85 the other day! :mad:

Patrick, yes I know what you mean, but she's wonderful in that area; if I want to buy something she tries to make it fit on our budget and I usually get the green light after all. I like being married to a girl who gets off on saving :D

Well, for the weekend I returned that horrible Focus (have you read the car and Driver review? Spot on) and rented a Saturn Sky, little 2 seater roadster, really fun car, gorgeous styling. Could be better, Saturn gets an A for concept, C for execution... Took the Saturn up on route 130 from San Jose to Patterson yesterday and wow, what a beautiful drive! If you haven't driven route 130 yet I highly recommend it, it's one of the most beautiful roads I ever drove. I'm going to do it again and bring the camera next time!