1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why I Think Cindy Sheehan is a NUTJOB.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Of course, it's a terrible tragedy to lose your son, but that's no excuse to go waaaaaaaay over the top....

...and some people can't understand why she was removed the other night... :rolleyes:

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/cindy_sheehan/

Some of the better over-the-top quotes:

"I was told my son was killed in the war on terror. He was killed by George Bush's war of terror on the world.â€

“The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush,â€

“A lot of these people who are there are criminals, and we need to get them out of our house,â€

"So what really gets me is these chickenhawks, who sent our kids to die, without ever serving in a war themselves. They don't know what it's all about. "
    (last I knew, no one forced her son to sign on the dotted line...)

"We can't let somebody rise to the top who will pardon these war criminals. Because they need to go to prison for what they've done in this world. We can't have a pardon. They need to pay for what they've done. "

"When I was growing up, it was 'Communists'. Now it's 'Terrorists'. So you always have to have somebody to fight and be afraid of, so the war machine can build more bombs, guns, and bullets and everything. "

"When are you all going to take back your constitutional authority from the maniac in the White House?
    If you all won't protect us, who will?
    We are seriously screwed and you all sit back and
    let the administrative branch take away our freedoms
    and foist criminals on us: people with no humanity or
    regard for our American Constitution or humanity.
    People like Alberto Gonzales and John Negroponte and most recently, John Bolton...torturers and murderers, to name a few. You in fact are complicit in stealing our freedoms by extending the un-Constitutional and un-Patriotic Patriot Act.
    Have you all lost your minds?"

The list goes on and on and on......

Hey wait, are these quotes from Cindy or UBL? <_<

2. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'll always have compassion for her because from what I've heard from some women over the years, nothing is worse for a woman than losing a child. It tears a big hole in them that never closes. Some people just aren't as stoic about it as the rest <shrug>

3. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

I'm sure she is feeling a lot of pain and anger. For that, I sympathize.

Some folks in the military community have expressed that they are embarrased by her actions because he knew of the dangers of joining the service and it was his choice to do so.

But she has made the choice to do what she does. This is her way of expressing her grief...and it is her right to do so.

I don't agree with her methods, I just understand her reasoning.

4. Mystery Squid

In the end, I must agree... She's one pissed off mother, and that sucks, so I suppose she has the best reason of all to go "nuclear" on Bush...

5. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

For once Squid, I'll agree with you on that...

6. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    "The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush."

Right on. 'Tis true.

7. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Just like the Rovian Right to bash the messenger as a means of distraction from the message.

8. Mystery Squid

"when we pretend that we're deeaaaaaaad.."

(takes off headphones)

What?

Who?

Rovian?

[​IMG]

9. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't see much I disagree with in that list of quotes. Makes more sense than most stuff coming out of the White House in the last few years.

How about a detailed explanation of why you disagree with them?

10. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The war has quickly become unpopular. Is it any wonder there are activists coming out?

She is calm and sedate compared to REAL anti-war activists. She's not setting herself on fire outside the Pentagon, at least, so not much of a nutjob.

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Cindy is a politically unsophisticated, anguished woman who decided to insinuate herself into public life, much as Phyllis Schlafly (minus the anguish) did. I think Cindy is being bombarded with thoughts and language by people on the left who range in the spectrum from Bush-haters to thoughtful Democrats. Every time she gets near a microphone, I cringe.

However, I agree with her FEELINGS about Bush 100%, if not her language. I think she channels Karl Rove when it comes to spinning those you hate into Enemies Of The State.

12. dipper

dipper Senior Member

All this beotching, but not doing the right thing to change it. She should run for office if she wants changes.

Americans in general do not know what freedom means when they already have it. The system is not perfect (nothing is), but there is more "freedom" than people in third world or communist countries.

Most people don't know how good they have it until they are into a bad condition. At least Bush is gone in a few years.

My dad lost all his fortunes when the VC took over South Vietnam because he was Chinese. And like he could have complaint about it?

So how did your American government screw you, compare to people around the world not as fortunate as you or I right now?

13. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

Sounds like she might be challenging Feinstein for her Senate seat in the upcoming elections. Good enough for you?

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ld/13746119.htm

14. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Cindy lost a child, a son. Sorry, I could care less if she walked naked on the White House lawn, she has *every* right to grieve and complain.

My Grandpa served in the Marines in WW II, my Dad served in the Marines in Korea, and my Uncle, my Dad's baby brother, served in the Marines in Vietnam. My Grandpa got through WW II without a scratch, and my Dad got through Korea without a scratch. My Uncle was killed by a Friendly Fire incident.

My Gramps died when I was still a child, my Dad claimed the news of his youngest son being killed in a dumb accident probably hastened the process. My Dad became very bitter, especially over how the incident was handled. I think that's why they eventually moved to Canada.

My Grandma lived to 94, and she also remained *very* bitter over how the incident was handled. From that day, my family went from being patriots - in a very true sense - to pacifists. Our pacifist leanings are also “helped†by recently declassified documents that readily prove how deeply the Military Industrial Complex has taken over our lives.

As an example, my Dad firmly believed – at the time – in the Red Menace. It was the 50’s after all. He firmly believed in the Missile Gap theory that was used as an excuse to develop a 2 trillion dollar nuclear weapons program.

We now know, thanks to declassified Corona Satellite reports, that there NEVER was a missile gap. Indeed, it was the USSR that suffered from the Missile Gap, not us. As the Soviet’s couldn’t possibly match the number or sophistication of American ICBM’s, they turned to a system that was a fraction of the cost: bioweapons.

We know – thanks to defectors like Ken Alibek (Kanatjan Alibekov) who worked for the Soviet Military Industrial complex of Biopreparat – the Soviets substituted cheap bioweapons for expensive nuclear weapons. There really is no defense against bioweapons, you are totally helpless. The Soviets had even planned bioweapon “clusters†around strategic/tactical targets to catch the surviving civilian population.

I’m still not sure why I served in the Utah National Guard. I guess it was some sense of “honor,†though my Dad told me at the time he’d sooner kill me himself then have me join the Marines. So at least I did way more in the service of my “first†country than some of the armchair critics here.

I will agree that Cindy’s tactics and public appearances are questionable and of little value to restoring her son’s honor, or even bringing closure to his death. At the same time, it’s disgraceful how the death of her son – in active combat – has been turned into a joke by commentators.

15. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

Evidently, some people can't understand that she shouldn't have been removed. The authorities involved have apologized for their 'mistake'.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11120353/

To quote REPUBLICAN President Roosevelt:
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

This administration is the antithesis of that statement. :(

16. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

[Broken External Image]:http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/heyyou.jpg

17. Mystery Squid

Plenty of those around here.... :lol:

18. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I can only think of one NUT JOB and guess what... you fit the bill perfectly.
    Gary

19. Mystery Squid

20. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

I see that you and Ann Coulter would get along well together. After all, you are both calling for the death of those you don't agree with. And you're calling Sheehan a nutjob? Pot, meet kettle.

Imagine if Bush ran a campaign against Jesus:
    [​IMG]