1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why is MAP Sensor getting 9.5 V ???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Glastenbury, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Glastenbury

Glastenbury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife hit a big pothole (thank you New York state) and at some point after that the CEL light came on with a DTC code of P0108 which is signal high. I don't know if it was immediate or not.

I checked the voltage on the MAP sensor connector reference voltage wire (black) against the engine ground and against the middle (grown wire of the MAP connector and got 9.7 volts in both cases.

I gather that this should be around 5 volts. Please confirm that for 2012 Prius that this should be around 5 volts rather than 9.7 volts.

Please suggest possibilities for why there would be this high value on the input to the MAP sensor. So far, all I can imagine is that this wire is now in contact with another + wire that has 9.7 V, either from damage inside the engine ECU (ECM?) or wire to wire contact outside the ECU.

What systems normally carry 9.7 V?

Can anyone share a PDF of this section of the service manual, please?