1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Why isn't package 6 available in So. California?!?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by StarBrite310, Dec 28, 2005.

1. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was thinking today that I don't really need leather in the Prius being it contradicts what the car is all about in the first place, and I was having 2nd thoughts about the navigation system because I never use it in the car we have now.

Soooo, I called my guy I am dealing with to ask about package 6 and sadly he told me it's not available in California or Nevada!!!

Is that really true?!!? :angry:

2. Springtime

Springtime Member

Yes, Toyota shipped all the pkg #6 to PA and would not let us have any pkg #3 or #4. It is Toyota's crazy system of allocating cars by region. Two dealers here said they could order a pkg #4 if I was willing to wait 120 days for delivery. Another dealer said he could not even special order a pkg #4.

If you want a package #6 visit PA, the PA dealer lots are filled with them.

Springtime

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    True. Toyota messed up.

4. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just read on the Carson Toyota website that they have package #6's!!! How is that possible when even Longo said they can't get them at all. I am sooo confused :(

5. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    here in Norcal package 6 (HK) is one of the offered packages... bummer for LoCal. i wouldnt have bought it if i had to get leather to get the JBL stereo.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What year are those #6 at Carson? They could be 2005.

If Northern Cal can get 2006 #6, why not drive up there, buy one and then drive back?

7. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    ^ Nope they are 2006's. You can see it on their website www.carsontoyota.com under the new inventory for Prius'.

8. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am on two San Diego area dealer lists - and both of them tell me only package #7 is available instead of #6. However, I called a third dealer in San Diego and told them what I wanted. They seemed a bit confused between #6 and #7, but ultimately have told me they have ordered me a #6 in the color I want with the interior I want, and they say it is a #6 (specifically they say, without NAV) - so I think they have it straight now. I will see when it arrives whether it is really a #6 or #7.

You might try some of the smaller dealers. I suspect the bigger guys don't want to deal with a special order, but the smaller ones will. Try checking around and insist you want a package #6 - see where that gets you. For my use of the car, the added $ for the NAV was not worth it.

Finally - if you really want the #6, you may have to wait for the special order. I ordered it about 3-4 weeks ago and the dealer told me it arrived in port (LA) on 12/27.

Good luck!

9. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    BTW - better check pricing with Carson. I believe they are the folks who a few weeks back I spoke to and they were selling what they said was a 2006 package #6 - but it was at about $3k over MSRP.

10. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    ^OH yeah that I know about the MSRP there. I wouldn't get one from them but I was just looking to see if they had package #6's and they do. I am getting mine from Longo and they told me So. Cali only has 1, 3, 7, and 8. So I don't know who or what to believe at this point.

11. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Like I said - keep checking. You may find one of the smaller LA dealers willing to place an order for you. I called the 800# for Toyota and they told me that you can order whatever you can find online for your zip, from a local dealer (I forget where on the Toyota website it has custom ordering info). But the website did list a package #6 as one that could be ordered for the San Diego area, even though many of the dealers seem to deny it.